View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 08:43 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatDaddy View Post
Back a few years ago before the state picked up the AMOCO property, they used to let us hunt in the marsh for ourselves. The way they would do this is take us un the mud boat at about 5 in the morning and drop us off at random places in the marsh ALONE. and then just drive off leaving you standing in the middle of a 20,000 acre marsh. For those of you that has done that before, you know how that feels when it gets so silent all you hear is mosquitoes and crickets.

My uncle was in this prediciment one morning and as he was sitting there and he heard a some walking in the marsh. The "walking" started getting closer. He gets so scared out there in the marsh he lights up 2 cigerettes and holds them on each side of him and hollars "DERES TWO OF US YEA, DEY GOT TWO OF US, AND WE BOTH GOT SOME GUNS YEA"... Come to find out it was a deer.. But its easy to get spooked out there in the marsh alone.

the night before one of my hunts to lacassine, i stayed with my cousin and his friend to get up early for the mornin..that night he told me about the chubacobra's how they suck your blood and come walking thru your decoys on the water. And then he talked about the wild indians that lived out there and in sabine how they hated us, and snuck up on you in rouseau canes..Then on top of that he says a rapid beaver bit a lab and now the lab killed its owner and is running around a few ponds away. The next mornin they left me in the rouseaus so they could throw decoys. I swear i could hear everything, i was so paranoid of what was behind me in the reaseaus that i missed seeing teal buzz over. Come to find out..it was fake..Kinda of dumb but if you was me..you would have been scared.