SaltyCajun.com http://www.angler-products.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 05-29-2012, 09:02 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488
Default Great weekend at the DU!

After a horrible trip last time we made the haul due to a vehicle problem, this weekend was the complete opposite. Arrived Friday evening and settled into Fisherman's Paradise, turned the kiddies loose and ate some great food dishes. We knew the wind machine was still cranked for Saturday morning so we slept in, made a big breakfast and did some honey do's that needed addressing. Departed about 11:00 am from Falgout Canal and elected to hunt for redfish on the inside. Made the run north and hit the mother load. Caught a bunch of 20-24" reds and a couple of bass on spoons, and the kids had a blast until about 2pm when they got hot/tired so we left them biting. Went back in, dropped off the rods and grabbed the tubes and hydraslides, then wore them out on that for the rest of the afternoon.

Sunday morning arrives and the weatherman hit the bullseye! Ran to Coon Point, and immediately started slinging nice trout on plastics. The kids were having a ball and the big Blazer got slimed up real good. The bite tapered off where we were, so I made a move, grabbed the wade fishing gear and we ended up picking up another 30-35 specks in the surf. By lunch time the kids were tired and ready for the camp so we headed in after picking up my niece and her friend since my sister and her husband were going to stay longer. On the way in, just cruising and listening to the radio and watching the kids cutting up, I told my wife it would be nice to find some trash in the water to look for my favorite fish tripletail. As if written in a script, about 30 seconds after I tell her this I see a large line of dead water lillies. I came off step and make a slow pass and almost immediately see a nice one. Kill the motor, rig up and sneak back in. Big boy wouldn't eat, so we trolled a little further. Spot the second one only feet from the boat and pitched a DOA to him and he nails it. About 30 seconds later, the first tripletail of the year was in the boat! Then, and only then does he realize he is in trouble and almost broke my boat apart. Glad we got him in the net when we did since he inhaled the bait I am almost positive he would have cut the line and broke off after any sustained fight. Came home with a plenty of meat and lots of smiles and some great pics!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Triptail.jpg (43.6 KB, 168 views)
Old 05-29-2012, 09:08 AM
Ling

Cash: 4,308

nice trip!!! still waiting for my first t-tail
Old 05-29-2012, 09:28 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,295

Glad you did good. We made the run out yesterday and were greeted with rough seas and dirty water. I guess I was a day late.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:59 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,505

Man that's awesome. Never caught a triple tail but I WILL this year!
Old 05-29-2012, 10:01 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,445

Good job, and that is a nice looking hat.
Old 05-29-2012, 10:07 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenrod View Post
Good job, and that is a nice looking hat.
Don't clown my "umbrella"!!! It keeps me cool and I can see real good in the water between that and the Costa's!!!
Old 05-29-2012, 11:41 AM
Email Address Not Verified

Cash: 111

Can somebody explain or draw the route that you guys take from Falgout Marina out to Coon Point. Thanks.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:50 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
Can somebody explain or draw the route that you guys take from Falgout Marina out to Coon Point. Thanks.
I would, but Ckinchen would probably shoot me for taking up so much ban width!!!! LOL!

Really, going that way is time consuming and I much rather travel in AC of the truck so I trailer down to Jug's. But, go through Lake Decade, take left into Raccouci, across to Lake Mechant, then through Mechant to Grand Pass and into Sister Lake. Cross Sister Lake to Grand Calliou, then to gulf, out on a S-SW heading to the island.
Old 05-29-2012, 12:11 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 9,890

Sounds like a blast!!! Thanks for the report
Old 05-29-2012, 12:14 PM
Flounder

Cash: 711

Nice report. Thanks
Old 05-29-2012, 01:11 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 604

Nice, we went Friday and tried to go out, it was pretty rough so we turned around and caught some nice redfish in the marsh. Trip was not a waste but was looking forward to a good mess of nice specs, lol.. Good luck fishing.