SaltyCajun.com http://www.jerrys-marine.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 06-16-2013, 03:03 PM
Redfish

Cash: 780
Default crabs at the rock

went out this morning to joseph's harbor, caught our limit of crabs while fighting with the gators at the mudhole (they ate good today). some other guys there were cast netting some decent shrimp, but the were workin their butts off for them. I think I need a transfusion from blood loss from all the horse flies!!!
Old 06-16-2013, 05:26 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,524

were the crabs full?
Old 06-16-2013, 08:37 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,358

just got done eatn em. The males were pretty full, the females weren't really all that full, but did have enough to make it worth peelin them.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:00 AM
Flounder

Cash: 681

Nice catch Bull
Old 06-17-2013, 11:48 AM
Redfish

Cash: 780

call me back, I know you aren't busy out there!!!
Old 06-17-2013, 12:47 PM
Flounder

Cash: 660

nice!! Nothin beats boiled crawfish in my book, but crabs come in close! Especially with crawfish season wrapping up (rice field variety). We were at mudhold 2 Saturdays ago, did very good on crabs but horseflys were a pain in more ways than one. Read on internet about homemade repellants using essential oils with a little vinegar and water in a spray bottle. Made some and used it last Saturday, noboby had any fly bites!! Not sure if they just weren't out there or this stuff worked?? I'll try again on future trips and do a controlled study! Lol
Old 06-17-2013, 12:49 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 557

Someone told me they closed down Joseph harbor this year
Old 06-17-2013, 01:14 PM
Flounder

We've been going the last 3-4 weekends, the landing and everything else is open. The landing was closed until this spring for a facelift, they're really nice now!
Old 06-17-2013, 01:27 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 557

Oh ok. Thanks. Maybe that's what they were talking about. We usually go once or twice a summer and do really good on crabs and shrimp. I just bought a bay boat. Hopefully I can go there and catch some fish. Never been in a boat out there
Old 06-17-2013, 02:33 PM
Flounder

that sounds like us. We just get a 20' Express last May and didn't really get to use it much last year, so we're trying to make up for it this year! New to salt water fishing, so still tryin to figure out where/when the fish are at Rockefeller!
Old 06-17-2013, 06:31 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyVasseur View Post
Someone told me they closed down Joseph harbor this year
Price Lake road, on the west side is closed down to build some piers and other work.

Road will not open until next spring/summer.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:32 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,050

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
Price Lake road, on the west side is closed down to build some piers and other work.

Road will not open until next spring/summer.
Is it closed until next spring or summer? I thought it would be closed between 3 and 6 months from April 1, 2013
Old 06-17-2013, 11:15 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedfishPoker View Post
Is it closed until next spring or summer? I thought it would be closed between 3 and 6 months from April 1, 2013
I think someone poste that it would be closed for almost a year.

Work started a couple months ago.

Took less that 1 minute to find this......

March 28, 2013 -- The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries (LDWF) is advising all visitors to Rockefeller Wildlife Refuge that Price Lake Road, a primary access point for public outdoor recreation on the western end of the refuge, will be closed Monday, April 1, 2013 until further notice.
This road closure is necessary due to a $1.2 million construction project that will provide three fishing piers with extended walkway access for recreational fishing, crabbing and shrimping. The construction project will take approximately six months to complete. Construction activities will temporarily block vehicular access to fishing, crabbing and shrimping areas along the road.
All other canals and public access areas on the refuge, located in coastal Cameron and Vermilion parishes, will offer alternative entry points for public access from official sunrise to sunset. Other areas available for public access include the East End Boat Launch/Joseph Harbor Canal and East End Locks Rd., both located just over three miles east of the refuge headquarters building, as well as Rollover Landing which features a private boat ramp with launch fee along the refuge’s eastern boundary toward Pecan Island.
For more information about Rockefeller Wildlife Refuge, contact Tom Hess at 337-491-2593 or thess@wlf.la.gov.
The Department of Wildlife and Fisheries is charged with managing and protecting Louisiana's abundant natural resources. For more information, visit us at www.wlf.louisiana.gov on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ldwffb or follow us on Twitter @LDWF.