SaltyCajun.com http://www.gator-tail.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Freshwater Fishing Discussion

Freshwater Fishing Discussion For discussion of everything freshwater!

Old 09-21-2012, 01:18 PM
Flounder

Cash: 765
Default Anyone been to Lake Martin lately?

Thinking about bringing the wife and son to Lake Martin this weekend for some bream fishing. Anyone been lately and if so how are they biting, Thanks
Old 09-21-2012, 02:22 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 1,758
Default Anyone been to Lake Martin lately

I went to Lake Martin 3 weeks ago. I got out there late around 12 and left at 2:30. I caught 16 nice bream. I fish on the north side by the flood gate to the left. Keep your boat in the middle of the canal . I caught some nice bream close to the trees along the banks. .Distance I was fishing was right next to the branches meet the water to 2 feet away. Set your hook depth 1.5ft to 2 ft. using worms. That was the first time I caught bream in there with worms. Normally I go with crickets.
I also talk to some other fisherman while I was out there. They got there early morning. Facing towards the lake at the boat dock. They were fishing in the cluster of trees in the back right corner of the lake. They caught chick a pen and some bream around 9 am . They told me where you seen the shade from the breaches hanging over the water. Try and throw you line toward the back of the shade. That is where the bigger ones were at.
From the day I went to the month before the bream was only biting on worms.
Good luck !
Old 09-22-2012, 10:38 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayou fishing View Post
I went to Lake Martin 3 weeks ago. I got out there late around 12 and left at 2:30. I caught 16 nice bream. I fish on the north side by the flood gate to the left. Keep your boat in the middle of the canal . I caught some nice bream close to the trees along the banks. .Distance I was fishing was right next to the branches meet the water to 2 feet away. Set your hook depth 1.5ft to 2 ft. using worms. That was the first time I caught bream in there with worms. Normally I go with crickets.
I also talk to some other fisherman while I was out there. They got there early morning. Facing towards the lake at the boat dock. They were fishing in the cluster of trees in the back right corner of the lake. They caught chick a pen and some bream around 9 am . They told me where you seen the shade from the breaches hanging over the water. Try and throw you line toward the back of the shade. That is where the bigger ones were at.

From the day I went to the month before the bream was only biting on worms.
Good luck !
First......welcome to Saltycajun.

Great report and detailed info.

I fished there some when I lived in Lafayette, years ago. There is [was] a fair amount of Sacks in the lake. Caught them on white/blue tube jigs out in the middle of the lake.