SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CajunTackle

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 05-06-2010, 09:41 PM
Ling

Cash: 4,308
Default short,windy afternoon at V/B

Went to run the boat this afternoon,and make sure everything was in good workin order before we head down to the Du next week. Got to quintana about 3,met with a good stiff s/w breeze. The water in the cove wasnt all that,fished a little around blue pt. nothing happening. Headed to weeks bay,pretty water with a lil salt. Caught 1 red,then headed around the point. Water looked decent,except for the big waves. Fished a large bait slick there without any success. Headed to the island,water looked better around dry reef. Fished 1 spot at the island and missed a couple of fish there. Shoulda stayed there the rest of the time(out of the wind) but wanted to see the water in the pass and on the other side. Went through the pass, dirty water there, headed west out of the pass,but the water didnt get any better,so turned back around. I guess with the wind and the shrimpers, it was getting stirred pretty good. Headed back to dry reef,but the water wasnt as pretty on the way in as it was heading out,and no protection from the wind. Im sure this morning would have been the time to be out there,cause it was dead calm this morning. Anyhow,it was fun to be on the water again,just figured I would at least give my Salty Bros a water report. Oh water temp in the inside ranged from 80-84 degrees.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:10 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,192

The no wind at all aspect was killing me this morning.....thanks foe the report, wish it would have been better for you......
Old 05-06-2010, 10:14 PM
Ling

Cash: 4,308

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dink View Post
The no wind at all aspect was killing me this morning.....thanks foe the report, wish it would have been better for you......

yeah, that calm morning was the big deciding factor for this afternoons trip. Somehow every time the boat gets hooked up to the truck,the wind starts picking up.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:26 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,192

Funny how that always happens........usually between home and the launch for me.........when there's no wind, I complain about the heat tho.......no win situation......
Old 05-06-2010, 10:43 PM
Banned

thanks for the report
Old 05-07-2010, 09:31 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 958

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaAngler View Post
thanks for the report
x2