SaltyCajun.com http://louisianaofficesystems.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 07-31-2009, 07:11 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488
Default Lessoned learned

Do any of you guys have a friend that just doesn't get it? I mean the guy that has to be the first on the water at the launch.-The guy that has to fish until he has that number 75 trout for a 3 man limit, and we are not going in until we reach 75.-The guy wants to be at the honey hole first so he can pick which side to anchor because of the tide.- Or, how about this one- the guy that calls you on a Wed to see where you fished on the weekend and caught fish, since he wants to go on Thursday to have the whole area to himself......You know, that friend that seems to be just a little greedy, or anal.

Well, I got one like that and I told him on Wednesday that the weather didn't look to good down in Terrobonne for the whole week w/ t-storms called for. His response, "I'm going no matter what so I don't have to fight the crowds, enjoy Chicago...hahaha"

Guess what, got the call a 6 this morning. He and another friend from my hunting lease were in his boat yesterday afternoon when they were struck by lightning. They survived, but the outboard is fried! I understand it actually caught fire!

As my signature reads!
Old 07-31-2009, 07:19 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,935

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finfeatherfur View Post
Do any of you guys have a friend that just doesn't get it? I mean the guy that has to be the first on the water at the launch.-The guy that has to fish until he has that number 75 trout for a 3 man limit, and we are not going in until we reach 75.-The guy wants to be at the honey hole first so he can pick which side to anchor because of the tide.- Or, how about this one- the guy that calls you on a Wed to see where you fished on the weekend and caught fish, since he wants to go on Thursday to have the whole area to himself......You know, that friend that seems to be just a little greedy, or anal.

Well, I got one like that and I told him on Wednesday that the weather didn't look to good down in Terrobonne for the whole week w/ t-storms called for. His response, "I'm going no matter what so I don't have to fight the crowds, enjoy Chicago...hahaha"

Guess what, got the call a 6 this morning. He and another friend from my hunting lease were in his boat yesterday afternoon when they were struck by lightning. They survived, but the outboard is fried! I understand it actually caught fire!

As my signature reads!
For a second I thought you was talking about W
Old 07-31-2009, 08:14 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 650

I thought W was in Texas!!
Old 07-31-2009, 08:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finfeatherfur View Post
Do any of you guys have a friend that just doesn't get it?

I have several that fit the description....
Old 07-31-2009, 09:37 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

LMAO.....DD...Im not that bad any more...But there was a time where if you got to the landing at 5:30am...My boat trailer was dry already.....I had to be 1st...Landing,spot and had to limit or run out of daylight doing it.....Deadly D and my wife can tell you that....IT was BAD!!!! I didnt call anyone to steal spots.....
Old 07-31-2009, 10:22 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 984

Every hair follicle must have stood straight up and all bodily functions must have been lost when that bolt hit!
Old 07-31-2009, 11:16 AM
Banned

lot of people measure fishing success by a "limit"

Don't get me wrong I WANT to catch a lot of fish.....but i don't eat it all the time so it really doesn't matter if i get a limit or not....
Old 07-31-2009, 11:47 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 653

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Nasty View Post
Every hair follicle must have stood straight up and all bodily functions must have been lost when that bolt hit!
I thought we were gonna get struck a few times. See, it really can happen.
Old 07-31-2009, 01:23 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

If the weather is getting bad, I am the first to want to head in.
I have already gone thru all of the stupid stages in life.
I just want to enjoy the rest without a lot of hassle.