SaltyCajun.com http://www.egretbaits.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 03-08-2016, 09:39 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,111
Default Big Lake Sunday and Monday

We down Sunday afternoon to play in the wind for a couple days, tough wind and tough fishing for me. Managed some nice flounder but could never find the trout. We had to get a guy out of the water on the ship channel. He was out fishing in a 18 ft aluminum boat, his motor died and the wind blew his boat towards the rocks. He got the motor fired up but something happened and the boat went under. It was about half way sunk when I saw him and by the time I got there it was gone. We managed to get someone on the rocks with a rope to tie it up as best he could, he want to try and pull it out but I didn't see a way for that to happen. I don't know if it's still there but it was about 200 yards south of the copper roof camp in the channel probably 10-15 yards from the bank. Be careful out there in the wind in those smaller boats could have been a really bad situation. Anyways th food karma Def didn't help on the fishing, but glad we could help out a fellow fisherman.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
Old 03-08-2016, 11:04 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,917

That's a bad area from there up to Kelso it gets pretty rough between wind/tides it can get pretty hairy sometimes even in a big boat. The boat is nothing compared to a life, glad he is ok and yall were able to help
Old 03-09-2016, 02:43 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,075

About a year ago I was running wide open pretty good and between the tide coming out the marsh and the 15mph wind it started knocking my boat around pretty good got hairy real quick I wasn't expecting it. It had been a relative calm run down. Luckily nothing escalated to where I needed another boaters help.
But I bet that fella is happy you were riding by. Good job!
Old 03-09-2016, 03:59 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,734

I got caught in some bad weather in the ship channel once as well in a 17ft G3, I went to the boat store the next weekend!

NICE JOB FISHWATER!!
Old 03-09-2016, 05:35 PM
Redfish

Cash: 978

I'm glad the guy is ok but if you have a small boat you have to pick your days carefully. I guess he thought he'd be ok if he stayed in the ship channel but with 20-30 MPH winds the channel can get pretty ugly.