SaltyCajun.com http://www.matrixshad.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 06-07-2010, 08:38 PM
Redfish

Cash: 889
Hairout where to go this weekend?

Thinkin of hopedale that means I will have to leave house by 3 with kids and wife to get to breton sound by 5-5:30. Thought about lake borne but really wanna do marsh thing for specs and maybe some whites. I know the marina will be packed wherever we go due to closures . Last time I went delecroix it wasnt bad at all . Soooo many options wish my fishinggrounds would just open up
Old 06-07-2010, 09:11 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,338

lake borne was in the paper yesterday, go ahead and cross that off your list unless you just wanna walk across all the boats to get to your holes
Old 06-08-2010, 10:26 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 656
Default Hopedale

Quote:
Originally Posted by justwant2fish View Post
Thinkin of hopedale that means I will have to leave house by 3 with kids and wife to get to breton sound by 5-5:30. Thought about lake borne but really wanna do marsh thing for specs and maybe some whites. I know the marina will be packed wherever we go due to closures . Last time I went delecroix it wasnt bad at all . Soooo many options wish my fishinggrounds would just open up

I have been to Hopedale (BSM) the past 2 weekends. Memorial weekend was rather busy but this past Saturday it really wasn't bad. In fact there were only 2 boats fishing the shorts rocks for the 3 hours we fished. Hammered the trout. We always leave at 3am from Ponchatoula for BSM.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:19 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,952

Went to Lake P today. Caught 37 trout and a flounder all on plastics.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:49 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: -189

do the hopedale thing.....ima tell ya right now if you know any little bit about you got good chances...ill be there tomorrow morning...and saturday and sunday morning...
Old 06-08-2010, 05:50 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunbuckeye View Post
I have been to Hopedale (BSM) the past 2 weekends. Memorial weekend was rather busy but this past Saturday it really wasn't bad. In fact there were only 2 boats fishing the shorts rocks for the 3 hours we fished. Hammered the trout. We always leave at 3am from Ponchatoula for BSM.

hey cajun buck eye who are you...?? wat boat where you fishin in for those first three hours..??
Old 06-08-2010, 05:56 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,338

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducktrickster View Post
Went to Lake P today. Caught 37 trout and a flounder all on plastics.
mind telling me where? Im goin friday. I had heard that live bait was in over there now
Old 06-08-2010, 06:01 PM
Redfish

good if ya goin sat im gonna follow you..........
Old 06-08-2010, 06:17 PM
Redfish

Might just learn area then tackle the rocks later seems like a run and heard many people say shallow spots and stuff on way. Not worried shallow just dont wanna hit something.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:22 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,366

Quote:
Originally Posted by justwant2fish View Post
Might just learn area then tackle the rocks later seems like a run and heard many people say shallow spots and stuff on way. Not worried shallow just dont wanna hit something.
its not a bad run if you run the spoil canal it get shallow in 1 spot but if you run it wide open and trim up you will be fine !! the whole path is marked with wooden 1x2's and yellow caution ribbion every 20-50 yrds . and that will put you right toward the last 1/2 mile of the rocks you can fish the rocks or the wells in the bay
Old 06-08-2010, 06:42 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinpox View Post
its not a bad run if you run the spoil canal it get shallow in 1 spot but if you run it wide open and trim up you will be fine !! the whole path is marked with wooden 1x2's and yellow caution ribbion every 20-50 yrds . and that will put you right toward the last 1/2 mile of the rocks you can fish the rocks or the wells in the bay

i'd re think that....that spoil canal is a pain in my azz especially last summer after the dam was set and they had a bunch of hobo's who dont know wats goin on runnin it...i prolly towed about50 boats from the shallowwater rig and black reef cause they ran up on it...when the water drops enough there are spots u dont wanna even be wide open all up in there....not trying to doubt your knowledge of the area Pox just letting yall know to be careful when its low...iv'e ran that canal since i was 6 years old and watched my ole man run it all my life and it can be dangerous especially at 530 with low light....i work the marina and ive seen lower units torn off in some places....but thats anywheres down there...you can be running the pipeline one second and the next second be missing your lower unit.....
Old 06-08-2010, 06:54 PM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopedale Hustler View Post
i'd re think that....that spoil canal is a pain in my azz especially last summer after the dam was set and they had a bunch of hobo's who dont know wats goin on runnin it...i prolly towed about50 boats from the shallowwater rig and black reef cause they ran up on it...when the water drops enough there are spots u dont wanna even be wide open all up in there....not trying to doubt your knowledge of the area Pox just letting yall know to be careful when its low...iv'e ran that canal since i was 6 years old and watched my ole man run it all my life and it can be dangerous especially at 530 with low light....i work the marina and ive seen lower units torn off in some places....but thats anywheres down there...you can be running the pipeline one second and the next second be missing your lower unit.....
i agree partially....i forgot to mention runnin the spoil canal on a low tide or on an out going tide is a no no if you plan on comin back before the tide comes in . crap runnin la loutre ive smoked things submerged around stump lagoon, magnolia lagoon is another lower unit remover!!!
Old 06-08-2010, 06:56 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinpox View Post
i agree partially....i forgot to mention runnin the spoil canal on a low tide or on an out going tide is a no no if you plan on comin back before the tide comes in . crap runnin la loutre ive smoked things submerged around stump lagoon, magnolia lagoon is another lower unit remover!!!

last fall i broke my prop on something in la loutre....but magnolia is the worst...i wouldnt break it off of idle if going in there...sooo many stumps....hey pox when you goin back down to hopedale?
Old 06-08-2010, 06:59 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,188

i am going to try and make a trip to the BSM this weekend. I need to try out all these flies I am tying.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:59 PM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopedale Hustler View Post
last fall i broke my prop on something in la loutre....but magnolia is the worst...i wouldnt break it off of idle if going in there...sooo many stumps....hey pox when you goin back down to hopedale?

idk i got a buddy comin in from ohio on thursday, i might take him to pound the bridges friday morning in p-train , basiclly im gonna do what ever he wants to ( hopefully fishing all weekend) if we dont got to p-train i will be in hopedale friday and maybe sat/sunday
Old 06-08-2010, 07:00 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,188

you need a third i am sure of that
Old 06-08-2010, 07:41 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF_T_Warren View Post
mind telling me where? Im goin friday. I had heard that live bait was in over there now
tresle
Old 06-08-2010, 07:44 PM
Great White

Cash: 17,285

Ducky...............What about Bertrand Canal?????
Old 06-08-2010, 08:26 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by all star rod View Post
Ducky...............What about Bertrand Canal?????
Don't worry. I'm not potlicking your spot anymore.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:03 PM
BIG MOUTH BASS!

Cash: 5,913

I NEVER go faster than idle in stump or magnolia, They don't call it stump lagoon for no reason! I stripped a prop hub by running in crooked bayou on a falling tide it was a very slow ride back to BSM. I was luck to be able to get back, I wouldn't go out there again without a spare prop. and I always check the tide and make sure i'm finished fishing some of the areas before the tide falls to its lowest point.