SaltyCajun.com http://louisianaofficesystems.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 05-06-2011, 10:54 AM
Redfish

Cash: 750
Default Watch out for flying hooks

A friend of mine and me went fishing the other day; I was in the front of the boat working the TM and they were fishing out of the the back. I had just made a cast and started to retrieve. All of a sudden I feel something hit my arm with a little force. It was safe to say I was confused, I looked down and there was their rattle trap stuck in the back of my forearm... The hook wasn't long enough to go forward and cut the end out so we got to pull it out backwards...

Old 05-06-2011, 10:55 AM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,577

ouch man hurts me looking at it!
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 05-06-2011, 11:00 AM
Great White

Cash: 2,534

OWCH, had a bass shake one time when i was trying to take a crankbait out his mouth and 2 of the 3 hooks were wedged in my thumb. The same one i lipped the bass with. Yeah, it sucked !!
Old 05-06-2011, 11:07 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,644

Did something similar a few weeks back... smoked a nice speck on a Spook and the bastid got one in thumb past the barb in my thumb. Sweetie (my wife) couldn't look at it and help and I had to yank it out. don't worry, the hole grows back but I had to dig some crap out of it a day later....it was pounding...

(sorry for the photos but I can't figure out how to rotate 'em ...maybe the mods can fix ...c&f)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 1.jpg (45.8 KB, 248 views)
File Type: jpg photo 2.jpg (46.8 KB, 249 views)
Old 05-06-2011, 11:13 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 9,130

same happened to me when i landed a red... went to remov the crankabit outta its mouth with pliers and its shook the bait into my thumb. kept shaking its head and flopping around the boat with hook lodged into me. finally my B inlaw got a hold of him and removed the CB from him.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:22 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 630

My buddy hooked one of his friends in the back of the head with a 1/2 ounce gold spoon while we were fishing good thing he was hitting the budweisers pretty hard so he didn't complain too much while we were taking the hook out.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:57 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 685

got hooked in the ear fishing as a kid on the bank...me and a few cousins were under the same tree, on the bank, and she sidecasted. At first i thought something hit my head(and apparently she thought she got snagged on the tree) Then i realized it was a hook and line when she yanked the line to try to free it. YUP it got in there REAL good, enough for trip to ER room with a big piece of squid on the hook /ear. lol...they just snipped the hook in half, and slip it out in reverse, flushed the wound and tetnas shot..That one little cousin and myself learned alot of choice words that afternoon!!
Old 05-08-2011, 07:18 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,505

Happened to me twice Friday with a spook. I was wading and forgot my pliers in the boat. 2 different times I was trying to unhook my spook and ended up sticking myself with one of the other 2 hooks past barb and had to rip them out!!
Old 05-08-2011, 09:09 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,152

Had to go to east Jefferson hospital years ago with a chug bug hangin from head. All 3 treble hooks were stuck in my head.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:33 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 576

Been there done that. I buried a spook junior in the top of my hand in a kayak tourney about 2 months ago. No fun trying to paddle with a treble in the top of your hand. We ended up using the fishing line method and giving it the yank
Old 05-08-2011, 10:09 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 343

I buried a spook in the back of my leg gettin out of my yak at a tourny in leeville. Thankfully southshore marine was there and he cut the barb.
Still use and catch fish on that bait .
Old 05-08-2011, 10:11 AM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

Quote:
Originally Posted by yak'em-n-stack'em View Post
I buried a spook in the back of my leg gettin out of my yak at a tourny in leeville. Thankfully southshore marine was there and he cut the barb.
Still use and catch fish on that bait .
seen 2 guys who both had buried hooks in them... one on the water asked if I had some hook cutters, nope. Had a treble buried all up in his calf..

Then another took one to the neck
Old 05-08-2011, 04:24 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 809

Man it sucks to get them hooks in you