SaltyCajun.com lake area banner

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 07-11-2011, 01:44 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,978
Default Proposed duck season dates- LDWF requesting comments

L.W.F.C. Approves Duck Hunting Zones, Seeks Public Comment on Dates For 2011-2012 Seasons

Printable Version
Release Date: 07/08/2011

July 8, 2011-- The Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Commission (LWFC) moved to maintain the two zones with split season arrangement for the 2011-2012 duck season at their July 7 meeting.
Although expanded zones and splits options are being considered, those options have not yet been approved by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS). The commission action provides hunters with a familiar framework that has been used for 30 years for the upcoming waterfowl season. The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries (LDWF) will continue to explore expanded options for the 2012-2015 seasons as the USFWS will allow changes to be made next year.
The proposed duck season dates for 2011-2012 are as follows:
West Zone: Nov. 12 – Dec. 4, and Dec. 17 – Jan. 22. (Youth Hunt Dec. 10-11)
East Zone: Nov. 19 – 27, and Dec. 10 – Jan. 29. (Youth Hunt Dec. 3-4)
Changes from last year in these proposed season dates include moving the Youth Hunt from the weekend before opening day to the weekend during the split, fewer hunting days in November but more in December for the East zone, and additional hunting opportunity for hunters that use both zones.
The public can comment on the 2011-2012 season dates until Aug. 4 by sending comments to: Larry Reynolds, Waterfowl Program Study Leader, Department of Wildlife and Fisheries, P.O. Box 98000, Baton Rouge, LA 70898-9000 or lreynolds@wlf.la.gov .
For more information, contact Larry Reynolds at 225-765-0456 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 225-765-0456 end_of_the_skype_highlighting or lreynolds@wlf.la.gov.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:47 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,505

I like that youth hunt change to during the split.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:53 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: -189

*** nov 19-27 is all we getting for first split in the east?
Old 07-11-2011, 01:57 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,318

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopedale Hustler View Post
You see how long the 2nd split for east is? It's 2 weeks longer than west, its still the same amount of days. But I agree, I would hate to have such a short first split.
Old 07-11-2011, 03:00 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Send your comments. I think most feedback he got from the East is that they wanted more days in the 2nd split.

I don't like Youth hunt in the split. I like the ducks to get a break. Lord knows they need it with all the pressure we put on them. I wish they would keep it before or do it after.
Old 07-11-2011, 03:05 PM
King Mackeral

That's way to short for first split...and I agree 100% I don't like the youth pressure during the split...the point of the split is a break...I love youth and all but not during the split...I'd much rather have a shorter 2nd split....just my opinion
Old 07-11-2011, 03:07 PM
King Mackeral

My azz is oficially chapped now lol
Old 07-11-2011, 03:12 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Spook View Post
Send your comments. I think most feedback he got from the East is that they wanted more days in the 2nd split.

I don't like Youth hunt in the split. I like the ducks to get a break. Lord knows they need it with all the pressure we put on them. I wish they would keep it before or do it after.
Most people I know with leases in the east zone tend to do much better in the second split. I guess that's why they are making a change.

The youth hunt will only be 2 days out of the whole split. I don't think that will harm much. And that will just make opening day even better cause you will be the first to hunt.
Old 07-11-2011, 03:16 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,576

interesting...I kinda agree with a little time for the ducks to escape the pressure...but damn glad to see somethin' about ducks rather than fishing tourny, 3tail, fishing challenges and pilgrims!
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 07-11-2011, 03:18 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by specktator View Post
Most people I know with leases in the east zone tend to do much better in the second split. I guess that's why they are making a change.

The youth hunt will only be 2 days out of the whole split. I don't think that will harm much. And that will just make opening day even better cause you will be the first to hunt.

I do just about as good in the second split as the first split in the east zone...sometimes better in one than the other I'd just rather a longer first splin cause of the fact come the final 2 weeks of season I'm normally wore down good and bout ready to hang it up for the season even though 2 weeks after that I'll be ready again...but hey can't have it my way cause this ain't BK....
Old 07-11-2011, 03:19 PM
Great White

Cash: 17,285

Quote:
Originally Posted by SULPHITE View Post
interesting...I kinda agree with a little time for the ducks to escape the pressure...but damn glad to see somethin' about ducks rather than fishing tourny, 3tail, fishing challenges and pilgrims!
You forgot about OBAMA MAX (bowling ball) vs Yamaha......

BTW, cannot wait for SEPT 10th and NOV 12th!
Old 07-11-2011, 03:19 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
I do just about as good in the second split as the first split in the east zone...sometimes better in one than the other I'd just rather a longer first splin cause of the fact come the final 2 weeks of season I'm normally wore down good and bout ready to hang it up for the season even though 2 weeks after that I'll be ready again...but hey can't have it my way cause this ain't BK....
Yeh u are in the marsh. Ducks are always there. All my friends that have leases in the east are either in rice fields or swamps/flooded timber.
Old 07-11-2011, 03:29 PM
Tripletail

Quote:

It shouldn't harm too much. I just like them to get a break because of all the pressure. I would be for two splits, but that wasn't an option this year.

On the flip side, maybe it will get more kids out because I know some people would not participate because they wanted to be the first to shoot them. The kids may not get carried away by mosquitos either. I still would like it after the season like Mississippi. You talk about see some ducks!
Old 07-11-2011, 03:46 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Yeh u are in the marsh. Ducks are always there. All my friends that have leases in the east are either in rice fields or swamps/flooded timber.

I'm in timber on one timber and one rice field in the east and marsh in Delacroix
Old 07-11-2011, 03:48 PM
King Mackeral

But erry body got their opinion I mean I see y people in Ruston and **** may want a longer 2nd split just not me
Old 07-11-2011, 03:48 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Spook View Post
It shouldn't harm too much. I just like them to get a break because of all the pressure. I would be for two splits, but that wasn't an option this year.

On the flip side, maybe it will get more kids out because I know some people would not participate because they wanted to be the first to shoot them. The kids may not get carried away by mosquitos either. I still would like it after the season like Mississippi. You talk about see some ducks!
I think that would be an awesome idea.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:34 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,864

I think it is stupid to have a statewide split zone. I hate that the East zone gets to hunt a week later than the west. Makes no sense to me to reward the East and punish the west.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:40 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 9,890

I personally think the birds need a rest during the split, but whenever the youth weekend guys get out there and bring a kid hunting and let them enjoy every minute of it and make it fun so we can keep this tradition alive.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:58 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,584

I like the youth hunt before the regular season. Gives me a good shake down of equipment.
Besides, it has usually been on my son's birthday.
Any one believe they will change for just my boy? LOL

or for that matter, our opinions will change anything?
Old 07-12-2011, 03:26 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

I don't see any problem with the youth dates, all the other 60 days are youth season as well!