SaltyCajun.com http://www.geaux-outdoors.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 06-05-2012, 01:41 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,192
Default What do you have your teenager doing this summer??

Mine wants money evryday and doesnt do anything to earn it. Hes to busy with friends to do his chores and doesnt understand why he has no money.......where'd the work ethic go? I gave him the option to do the lawn for cash, even told him he could use my mower and weedeater to get started on a lawn service. He dont want.

But, I have another problem. If im not around, and he "needs" money, his mom will give it to him........Grrrr......I think Im screwed......
Old 06-05-2012, 01:42 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Yep. Ur screwed lol
Old 06-05-2012, 01:43 PM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,347

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dawg View Post
Yep. Ur screwed lol
pretty much
Old 06-05-2012, 01:46 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 826

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dink View Post
Mine wants money evryday and doesnt do anything to earn it. Hes to busy with friends to do his chores and doesnt understand why he has no money.......where'd the work ethic go? I gave him the option to do the lawn for cash, even told him he could use my mower and weedeater to get started on a lawn service. He dont want.

But, I have another problem. If im not around, and he "needs" money, his mom will give it to him........Grrrr......I think Im screwed......
simple, don't give the wife more money than she needs.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:49 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 654

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjaredsandwich View Post
Not so simple, I tried that and she only gave me what she thought I needed if you catch my drift.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:51 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

Quote:
She would beat his arse w/ a stick if he tried that.
Tim, you both need to sit down and discuss this problem and come to an understanding on how to solve this dilema.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:53 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Dink, its all over brother. I have neighbors with teenage kids and them fuggers ride skateboards and play guitar in the garage while there daddy cuts the grass and washes the car...... gnaw wut i meen?

That's the reason I had kids, so 10 years after my first boy was born I wouldnt have to mow no more lawns....... Just the other day I was gassing up the weed wacker puting string on and what not getting it ready to go and my 7 year old ask if he can push mow the front yard. I told him if you get it started you can cut the grass, that little dude got it started and took off cut my whole front yard. He must have some mexican in him the way he likes to work. Looks like my plan might kick in 3 years early.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:53 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 10,192

You need to do like Red from That 70's Show and stick your foot up his @$$!
Old 06-05-2012, 02:02 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,192

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Chuck Duck View Post
You need to do like Red from That 70's Show and stick your foot up his @$$!
That may happen TODAY!!
Old 06-05-2012, 02:08 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,584

Quote:

Then at least you would have half left..........
Divorce is a 50% restocking charge no matter how a man looks at it.

let his mom give him the money, but do not let him get to anywhere to spend it?? maybe??

time for a family meeting.

Have to admit my 15 year old is pretty good kid 4.0 and all, but if he has the option to sit on his bee hind he will.

give him few options
Old 06-05-2012, 02:20 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

You are gonna have to talk to the wife on this matter. I mean a real heart to heart, "Honey I love you but, this is driving me crazy! Can we find a happy median?," type conversation.
Old 06-05-2012, 02:21 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

Do like my old man...... I got my a$$ whopped so much that I couldn't sit on it!!! If me and my brother would work, he would sneak us a beer when my mom wasn't looking. That was all the motivation we needed. Now my mom wonders why I drink so much!
Old 06-05-2012, 02:21 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 3,226

Dink..if i may offer a suggestion. Wake him up early with you. Take him to your shop doing any odd jobs like sweeping, making coffee, running errands, cutting grass,etc. Let him off at noon. He'll be too tired to go run with his friends in the afternoon. This will teach him good work ethics...pay him at least minimun wage. Might be surprised! If anything, this will give him an appreciation in what you do everyday. Gets him away from his buds and his mother!
Old 06-05-2012, 02:39 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,052

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefman View Post
Dink..if i may offer a suggestion. Wake him up early with you. Take him to your shop doing any odd jobs like sweeping, making coffee, running errands, cutting grass,etc. Let him off at noon. He'll be too tired to go run with his friends in the afternoon. This will teach him good work ethics...pay him at least minimun wage. Might be surprised! If anything, this will give him an appreciation in what you do everyday. Gets him away from his buds and his mother!

this was my summer except i got off at 6pm then had to do yard work.and i didn't get paid nothing. but was given money when i asked for it...... but with 20 bucks i could put gas in my truck and get hammered all weekend riding backroads too...20 bucks won't get nothing anymore
Old 06-05-2012, 02:58 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,142

My 3 yr old even has her own chores. She brings her dirty clothes to utility room and her empty juice cup to the kitchen in the morning. If she doesn't then no T.V.
The 8,10,12 yr old all have a small list to do. The clothes get washed, dried, folded and put up. House gets swept, they dust stairs. They are on the side of us pulling weeds in flower beds, water flowers. The also help in the garden. They help with cleaning the boat, vehicles, etc. Sweep the shop, put up tools. They don't get an allowance, that is free money, we call it commission. They earn $ by completing these chores. We go eat out they all can have water and order off the kids menu. They want any more than that they have to pay for it themselves. Sounds bad, but hey I am proud when my 12 yr old has enough money to go to a restaurant and buy his own ribeye with all trimmings. This happened the first time last friday night. I take the approach like Major Payne, they may not like me but they will respect me.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:12 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Husband and wife need to be on the same page regarding child rearing issues. I don't thank God enough that my wife only argues with me behind closed doors, and once a decision is made, we present a united front. I also don't thank God enough that my wife's parents raised her with a specific Christian belief regarding "marital duties" so that the sexual relationship is not an issue for negotiating other matters in the marriage. I can find the chapter and verse if anyone is interested.

Regarding keeping the children out of trouble, I ask my wife at the beginning of each summer to come up with scheduled work/school/self-improvement type activities for the morning hours to help train a good work ethic and keep the children moderately productive during the summer months. They are also eager to do various jobs from shining my shoes to mowing the grass to different projects they help me on. If it's a project they like less, they negotiate the price up and I'll pay it if I really need the help. We let them have the afternoons for recreational activities.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:19 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,142

Sounds like it runs smooth there MathGeek. Mine must have missed that Bible verse though........
Old 06-05-2012, 03:24 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,609

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
Husband and wife need to be on the same page regarding child rearing issues. I don't thank God enough that my wife only argues with me behind closed doors, and once a decision is made, we present a united front. I also don't thank God enough that my wife's parents raised her with a specific Christian belief regarding "marital duties" so that the sexual relationship is not an issue for negotiating other matters in the marriage. I can find the chapter and verse if anyone is interested.

Regarding keeping the children out of trouble, I ask my wife at the beginning of each summer to come up with scheduled work/school/self-improvement type activities for the morning hours to help train a good work ethic and keep the children moderately productive during the summer months. They are also eager to do various jobs from shining my shoes to mowing the grass to different projects they help me on. If it's a project they like less, they negotiate the price up and I'll pay it if I really need the help. We let them have the afternoons for recreational activities.

Please. I would like to keep this one in my back pocket just incase
Old 06-05-2012, 03:26 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 714

Mine will be a teenager next month and since she is going to the 8th grade and will already be taken high school classes and rapped the year up with all A's, she can pretty much do what she wants!
Old 06-05-2012, 03:57 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armand16 View Post
Please. I would like to keep this one in my back pocket just incase

2But since there is so much immorality, each man should have his own wife, and each woman her own husband. 3The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband. 4The wife’s body does not belong to her alone but also to her husband. In the same way, the husband’s body does not belong to him alone but also to his wife. 5Do not deprive each other except by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.

1 Corinthians 7:2-5 NIV