SaltyCajun.com http://www.matrixshad.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 11-05-2012, 01:47 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 0
FlagUS Sunday Trout/Redfish Slam

Another pretty day on the DU(until noon)! I fished with Glenn & Lisa Rinehart from St Louis,MO. We got a late start due to the time change and the customers running late in thick fog. By the time we arrived at our prime location we had missed the bite. I talked with a few friends who limited out by the time we were leaving the dock. We hit a few locations and picked up some nice trout at each stop. Plenty of boats out but not many people catching after 900 am. We fished a protected area since storms were building and the wind was picking up in the open water. We were fishing our normally productive LSU chubs and bunker swim baits and although we were catching fish it was too slow for me. Capt George Landry had told me that he was fishing under a cork in the same area a few days ago. We made the adjustments and switched over to the Shiny Hiny and started whacking the fish on just about every cast. The fish were suspended and not on the bottom. Eventually shrimp started popping all over the surface and redfish and trout were in a frenzy all around the big Blazer Bay. One cast a trout, the next a red and it was on fire for about 45 minutes before the bite ended. We had 8 and 9lb reds smashing our corks and swimming off with them in their mouth! The trout explosion on the water was incredible as the fish were eating up on the falling tide. Storms forced us in back to the dock but not before the couple had limited out on trout and hooked up with 15 redfish. Just a prime example as to why you have to try different techniques on slow days. No doubt in my mind that the Shiny Hiny cork rig made the difference for us yesterday. I really enjoyed my fishing trip with Glenn & Lisa as they had a good box of fish for getting such a late start. Good luck fishing.

Capt Bill Lake
985-851-6015
985-637-3712
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 029.jpg (48.9 KB, 129 views)
File Type: jpg 028.jpg (45.4 KB, 130 views)
File Type: jpg 030.jpg (80.1 KB, 129 views)
File Type: jpg 027.jpg (50.4 KB, 128 views)
Old 11-05-2012, 03:29 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,995

Very nice capt.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:57 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 9,890

Great job capt!!!