SaltyCajun.com http://www.budnmarys.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 04-27-2013, 08:29 PM
Redfish

Cash: 977
Default crabbing any good at rockefeller? Dont bother w/ marsh island.

Is the crabbing any good at rockefeller? was going to make a trip this coming Friday. By the way, don't bother going to Marsh island for crabs. I went today and asked everyone at the weir how many they caught. The most anyone caught was 1 dozen. When I asked that guy how long it took to catch one dozen, he said, "See that rusty weir over there".. I said yeh.. He said, "It wasnt rusty when I got here". Actually, it only took him 4 hours to catch that dozen.
Anyway, how bout some reports for rockefeller for crabs? My daughter wants to go one last time before she has her baby.
thanks guys!!
Old 04-27-2013, 08:37 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltysully View Post
Is the crabbing any good at rockefeller? was going to make a trip this coming Friday. By the way, don't bother going to Marsh island for crabs. I went today and asked everyone at the weir how many they caught. The most anyone caught was 1 dozen. When I asked that guy how long it took to catch one dozen, he said, "See that rusty weir over there".. I said yeh.. He said, "It wasnt rusty when I got here". Actually, it only took him 4 hours to catch that dozen.
Anyway, how bout some reports for rockefeller for crabs? My daughter wants to go one last time before she has her baby.
thanks guys!!
Rock ha been good for a bit, but given the report from the west side today and your report it doesn't sound like it would be much different. Full moon just hit and it messes with everything right after.

Never know til you go. For me Rockefeller has always been the go to spot.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:39 PM
Redfish

Thanks
Old 04-27-2013, 08:42 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Found this from yesterday...

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports: Big Reds - SaltyCajun.com

PM me if you aren't familiar with where to go.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:55 PM
Flounder

Cash: 746

Was there Friday and 5 boats left with there limit we left with 7 doz
Old 04-27-2013, 10:58 PM
Flounder

Cash: 746

This is what they looked like go to my post in reports titled big reds
Old 04-28-2013, 08:57 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

In the area Thursday and Price Lake Road was still closed FYI
Old 04-28-2013, 10:37 AM
Ling

Cash: 2,829

Heard price lake rd will be closed for about 6 months
Old 04-28-2013, 02:19 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

March 28, 2013 -- The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries (LDWF) is advising all visitors to Rockefeller Wildlife Refuge that Price Lake Road, a primary access point for public outdoor recreation on the western end of the refuge, will be closed Monday, April 1, 2013 until further notice.

This road closure is necessary due to a $1.2 million construction project that will provide three fishing piers with extended walkway access for recreational fishing, crabbing and shrimping. The construction project will take approximately six months to complete. Construction activities will temporarily block vehicular access to fishing, crabbing and shrimping areas along the road.

All other canals and public access areas on the refuge, located in coastal Cameron and Vermilion parishes, will offer alternative entry points for public access from official sunrise to sunset. Other areas available for public access include the East End Boat Launch/Joseph Harbor Canal and East End Locks Rd., both located just over three miles east of the refuge headquarters building, as well as Rollover Landing which features a private boat ramp with launch fee along the refuge’s eastern boundary toward Pecan Island.

For more information about Rockefeller Wildlife Refuge, contact Tom Hess at 337-491-2593 or thess@wlf.la.gov.

The Department of Wildlife and Fisheries is charged with managing and protecting Louisiana's abundant natural resources. For more information, visit us at www.wlf.louisiana.gov on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ldwffb or follow us on Twitter @LDWF.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:35 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,752

We went to the concrete weir yesterday and got to the weir about 45 mins after daylight. The good spots were already taken. The people immediately to the left and right of the weir limited out and left. We had two groups of people out there and each left with 4 or 5 dozen, but they were VERY nice.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:39 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,813

Me and a buddy are going to Joseph Harbor in the morning. I'll post up a report
Old 04-29-2013, 07:02 AM
Redfish

great reports! thanks guys.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:51 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

We had a seafood boil Saturday.

My Uncles normal crabber called him Sat AM and told him his rake broke. Needing crabs for our seafood boil he got in his boat and headed out to find some crabbers. He ran across 2, the first one @9 AM the second about 9:45 AM....... between the 2 of them they had 2 bushels of crabs. For some reason they not doing very good right now. I think we have to many predator fish (redfish, drum, sheephead) and I also think the BP spill messed them up quite a bit. It may be time to close the season for a while so they can catch up or lower the number of females that can be caught. Also trawling season is right around the corner and that's going to put a dent in the population as well.