SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CalcasieuExtremeRods

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 04-02-2015, 09:19 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 515
Default Crabbing/fishing in Cameron

Although crabs aren't on right now, my sisters have never been. Looking to take my two little sisters crabbing and maybe fish from the bank a little. As of right now, just going to try Rockefeller. Any suggestions on where I could take them to try and catch a few fish and/or crabs in the Cameron area? Not looking to catch a whole bunch, just something for them to show off would be great!!!!
Old 04-02-2015, 09:23 PM
Sand Trout

We will not have a boat. Forgot to mention that!
Old 04-03-2015, 10:06 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,213

Its gonna be tough. The water is probably muddy and fresh. Price lake road or Sabine refuge is most likely your best bet. Bring lots of melt and put out plenty of lines, get there early and stay late and you can probably scratch out a mess. Good luck
Old 04-03-2015, 10:37 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,074

At the right time you can smash the redfish under the flumes at the end of price lake road. But there are a bunch of spots I see people fishing along the road if your headed to Rockefeller from Lafayette on 82. Once you cross the drawbridge in Little Prairie there are a few turnouts with wharfs. I also see people fishing and crabbing along the road to Freshwater City in the marsh. I think you can fish from the bank by the locks in Freshwater Bayou. See people fishing at Rollover all the time. THere's always someone crabbing across from the launch at Joseph Harbor, and fishing and Crabbing by the East Locks at Rockafeller. Those are all on the way Price Lake Road which is more than likely your best bet. Water is usually pretty salty back there. I can't tell you if any of these spots are worth trying, but I drive that road a lot and there's always someone fishing/crabbing so it may be worth a time. If you stop at Gulfway in Kaplan to get your bait just ask any one of the Women and they might have a little intel for you.
Old 04-03-2015, 09:51 PM
Sand Trout

Thanks guys! Appreciate the help. Went to price lake rd. Did okay, crabs were small & slow! We packed up and headed to the Jetties to try fishing. Caught 1 red and 1 sheep head, & a sun burn but had a good time.
Old 04-23-2015, 02:46 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 490

any new news on the crabs?