SaltyCajun.com http://www.angler-products.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Freshwater Fishing Discussion

Freshwater Fishing Discussion For discussion of everything freshwater!

Old 03-15-2012, 06:32 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,271
Default doirins landing in morgan city

Does anyone know where this is located and does anyone know where to fish out of this place. I have a tourney there and would like an idea of where to go before I go prefish it.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:37 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 910

I fish that area a good bit. The launch is behind the grocery store (or you can put in across the street if you don't want to idle). Can you fish either side? Or do you have to fish the Verret side?
Old 03-15-2012, 10:44 PM
BIG MOUTH BASS!

Cash: 5,913

get into belle river go south till you see lake palourde on your right, on your left as you travel south past the lake, there will be different canals that aren't blocked off, fish them! you will see a few canals that are gated pass them until you see some that are accessible.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:28 AM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPfishnTIM View Post
get into belle river go south till you see lake palourde on your right, on your left as you travel south past the lake, there will be different canals that aren't blocked off, fish them! you will see a few canals that are gated pass them until you see some that are accessible.

Why are some of the canals gated, or they private? Whats good lures to through. I was thinking fish some points with some rattletraps, but i have no clue of water depths or currents. Are there any good points like this or is it mainly bank fishing?
Old 03-16-2012, 01:10 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,763

I would recommend going to grassy lake and fishing 4 mile bayou. Hit the banks and ditches. There is a pretty good drop off I mark trees and fish them. Lots of fish in that area. Charteuse crank baits, white flukes and white spinner baits work well for me. Las week I was also doing well early and late with a frog. Good luck.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:28 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 672

how do i get to grassy lake i had some customer stopped by my work the other day saying they were doing good with sac a lait there but i never fished there before so i was wondering where sud i launch tha doesnt have private launch and where to go to get to grassy lake.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:24 PM
Red Snapper

Where are you coming from?
Old 03-16-2012, 03:26 PM
Tripletail

Lafayette
Old 03-16-2012, 04:39 PM
Red Snapper

Best way from Lafayette is to put in at the Amelia boat launch. Go past Morgan City. Take the Amelia exit. Go all the way down to the light and take a left on 182. Go down about 1/2 mile and turn right before the old bridge. Take the access road down to the boat landing under the bridge. Put in there and go north past the railroad bridge. Lake Palore will be on the left. Keep on going down a few miles and you will see three canals on the right across from Lake Palore. Take a right down the first one going slowly past the camps. At the end of the canal is Grassy Lake. Straight across grassy lake from the camp canals is 4 mile bayou. Look for clean water and good luck.
Old 03-16-2012, 04:41 PM
Red Snapper

Bring a GPS because you can get turned around in some of those canals if your not familiar with the area.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:20 PM
Tripletail

thanks will report to ya if i end up going.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:00 PM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by I make oil View Post
I would recommend going to grassy lake and fishing 4 mile bayou. Hit the banks and ditches. There is a pretty good drop off I mark trees and fish them. Lots of fish in that area. Charteuse crank baits, white flukes and white spinner baits work well for me. Las week I was also doing well early and late with a frog. Good luck.
This is good advice. I would also try in Bayou Cheramie....are you going to scout any before the tourney?
Old 03-16-2012, 09:03 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,050

Quote:
Originally Posted by I make oil View Post
Bring a GPS because you can get turned around in some of those canals if your not familiar with the area.
totally agree.. if you don't have a GPS or map, you would probably be lost easily since there are plenty of canals, curves, "T", etc.. We fished there yesterday. It was OK, but we had few nice big sacalait. Be careful with those canals beside tree/cypress tree when you turn few curves to look for boats coming in or some boaters fishing that beside canal if you're not familiar with that area. Good luck and enjoy your fishing trip! BTW - There are some Bald Eagles around as well.
Old 03-23-2012, 09:07 AM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzalesdave View Post
This is good advice. I would also try in Bayou Cheramie....are you going to scout any before the tourney?

I'm trying to find Bayou Cheramie, but can't find it on google earth. I found 4 mile bayou and it is actually where I planned on fishing before I even knew that it was 4 mile bayou. I will have a gps, and I will try to scout before hand. I'm from opelousas so this is a journey and a half for me. Also I have no clue where we will be launching, but if I would have to run across Lake Palourde, is there anything I need to be concerned about?

Also I think there is a little subdivision with a launch north of Doirons Landing, does anyone know if I can launch there?

By the way the tournament I'm fishing is the Nicholls Geomatics Tournament, but for those fishing it please don't point me in the total wrong direction lol
Old 03-23-2012, 09:15 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Go on Bing maps and search Bayou Cheramie. it goes from Grassy Lake to Lake Palourde
Old 03-23-2012, 09:20 AM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp snorkler View Post
Go on Bing maps and search Bayou Cheramie. it goes from Grassy Lake to Lake Palourde

found it buddy, thanks!
Old 03-23-2012, 09:45 AM
Flounder

Cash: 525

Can anyone tell me if there is a boat launch in Stevensville to get to grassy lake? Directions to the launch? Thanks.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:48 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 5,054

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajun View Post
Can anyone tell me if there is a boat launch in Stevensville to get to grassy lake? Directions to the launch? Thanks.

You can launch out of Doiron's, behind the store and will be on the correct side of the levee... Do you have a map ???

Hydro
Old 03-23-2012, 02:37 PM
Red Snapper

Pay at the store and launch behind it. You have to go slow behind the houses. At the end of the canal turn right and go down until you see the canals I told you about with the camps. Viola! Grassy Lake!
Old 03-23-2012, 09:47 PM
Trophy Trout

When is the tourney?