SaltyCajun.com http://www.braggingbadges.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 07-08-2014, 09:33 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 8,726
Default 2 good days

Some friends were nearby for the weekend and decided to stay down here and do some fishing on Monday. We got to the outside and it was flat calm. I decided to sneak out to some nearby rigs and see what was out there. Our first stop gave us a red snapper and a Jack crevalle. We played in that area but only found a mangrove, some small triggers, and a bunch of small red snapper.

I made a move about 4 miles up the shoreline and found some better red snapper. The trout gear I had was being challenged . I only had 1 rod that could handle the red snapper on board. We stayed there till we had our limit. I went through a lot of gear getting those 6 fish.

We moved into the rocks at the entrance to the pass and found a good bite of redfish. We put 13 in the box before the bite ended and the trash fish moved in. Funny how that happens. The reds slow down, the black drum and sheepshead show up, then the catfish move in and we move. Our next move was at a grassy point. We picked up a keeper trout and a short one and one nice redfish.

We found 2 more redfish and lost 3 others before we decided to head back to the barn. We ended up with a limit of redfish and red snapper and a mixed bag of other fish. This was a good day.

On the way back home I get a call from them and they ask if I am busy the next day. Long story short they decided to stay another day before heading back home.

Today started our day with storms in the area. We headed out and skirted the edge of a rain storm getting a little wet on the way out.

Our goal was to get some red snapper and then see if we could put some red fish or trout in the box. They had to get on the road early in the afternoon. Today I had the bait and setups for the red snapper and it helped. Our first drop gave us a red snapper and a 5 foot black tipped shark. On the next drop we get a triple hookup. It is very early and we made quick use of the red snapper limit.

Now to there we found all the reds yesterday. Once there I let them take a few casts but I could tell by the water conditions nothing was there. I ran in, cut across the river, and hit another area on the other side. We basically remained in one area as we watched the storms building and moving around us. There was another buddy of mine fishing around us so far today but due to the storms getting stronger he hit another place, about 6 miles away, but closer to the marina. Unfortunately one of the storms built just above him and he had to head in. We picked away with a very good trout and redfish as a double.

Just as the tide started moving and the fish began biting we could feel and smell the rain. This was our last fish in the box.

Right after that we were running at 45 mph across the bay just ahead of the rain. This storm had lightning and we could hear the thunder in the background. Stretched it as long as I could. Everybody was flying into the marina together and glad to be there. Still managed a nice mess of fish for the day and dodged the storms.

Life is Good!
Fishing is not a matter of life or death. It's more important than that.

CAPT HOOP -- OUR FREEDOM
Old 07-08-2014, 09:59 PM
Redfish

Cash: -1,658

Nice mixed bag.
Old 07-09-2014, 01:04 AM
Flounder

Cash: 958

Had to be in East Bay in that first pick, I can notice our rusty jackets anywhere.. Lol. Nice catch Capt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-09-2014, 06:18 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,952

Is venice the only part of the state where snapper can be caught in state waters?
Old 07-09-2014, 06:56 AM
Super Moderator

Cash: 18,520

Quote:
Originally Posted by primeaux View Post
Had to be in East Bay in that first pick, I can notice our rusty jackets anywhere.. Lol. Nice catch Capt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pretty much!
Old 07-09-2014, 08:50 AM
Flounder

Cash: 617

Always love your reports captain