SaltyCajun.com http://louisianaofficesystems.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 06-05-2016, 11:59 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 997
Default Big Lake 6/5/16

Took a friend to BL this afternoon that has only inshore fished a couple of times.
We headed south try and find some decent water to make some drifts. It was pretty tough for us. Picked up 2 keepers out of maybe 5 or so fish. Decided to head to the east side of the lake. As soon as we broke out the ship channel to head into the lake we ran into 3 different groups of birds. We started chunking and winding as quick as possible to boat as many as we could to try and weed through them in hopes of some keepers. Jumped to a different group to try and see if that group held better fish and nada ! Small groups of birds would bust up and reform here and there and kept us busy for most of the evening. No luck on upgrading size. A bunch of 10" - line burner 11 7/8" fish. My buddy had a blast as he never fished birds before. So I stuck with it till he had his fill. We ended up with 6 more keepers giving us a total of 8 pickles and a small flounder. We boated a estimate of 50 or so fish all on Little Johns. Not a great box of fish but a great time !

Last edited by jpd0144; 06-06-2016 at 12:29 AM.
Old 06-06-2016, 12:06 AM
Tripletail

Default Big Lake 6/5/16

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by jpd0144; 06-06-2016 at 12:28 AM.
Old 06-06-2016, 11:37 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,486

thanks for report. gotta go to know!
Old 06-07-2016, 09:33 AM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahlangle View Post
thanks for report. gotta go to know!

Your right ... ! Just when I go I usually miss more than I hit. Would really like to turn that around. Unfortunately I have no networking like most of the guys who do well on here have ( but are tight lipped and don't like to admit to using ) and have only been at inshore fishing in October will be 2 years. I'm a bass guy whose trying his hand at inshore. 21 years of living in Kinder and never realized the blessed resource we have here in SW La. Wish I would have tried this a little sooner in life. Very enjoyable and challenging. On top of family obligations and work like most of us have, I'm finding its a little rough on this newbie trying to figure out or stay on fish. But I can tell ya ... The fish haven't seen the last of me yet. In fact I've been bit by the bay boat bug.

To be continued ! LoL