SaltyCajun.com http://www.budnmarys.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 09-30-2009, 02:22 AM
Great White

Cash: 1,217
Default Intercoastal Park

Calcasieu Parish has been awarded grant money to repair the Intracoastal Park's Shoreline, and once it has been restored, taxpayers will have a safer place to fish.
"This is the best launch this side of the Calcasieu River," said Glenn Krall, a frequent visitor to the park.
Around next year the Intracoastal Park's Shoreline should be better and safer because Calcasieu Parish was awarded $1,000,000.00 for their Coastal Impact Assistance Program.
John Coppock, the Assistant Planner and Coastal Zone Administrator for the project says the money they received will allow Calcasieu Parish to begin it's Project to Protect the Intracoastal Park's Shoreline.
Coppock stated, "We're loosing about 16 ft. per year in certain areas around here. This project is going to build that shoreline back up."
It will also allow for park improvements, which include new lighting and expanded walkways along the entire shoreline.
"It's going to add a public value with a nicer park for people to come down and enjoy," said Coppock.
People like Glenn Krall, who fishes in the area with his wife once or twice a week.
"The walk and dock do need some work done on it," said Krall, "It was excellent when it was first built, but it's gone through a couple of storms, so anything they can do to improve it will make it a lot easier for us."
Boat traffic from the Intracoastal Waterway and the park's launching site have caused the shoreline to erode at a faster rate. However, once the project is complete, it should slow down. It will also be better for the environment, adding about three acres of marsh and land.
Coppock said, "This project will help build that back up, which will help prevent flooding and hopefully a lot more hurricane protection. It's been a work in progress and when people come down here and see what we've done, they're really going to enjoy it."
Calcasieu Parish hopes to begin the project in four to six months.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:48 AM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,579

is this ellenders??
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 09-30-2009, 11:13 AM
Great White

Cash: 2,534

Pretty sure. They need to lower the docks for sure. Its hard to jump from a boat to the dock to get the truck. I think they should install a fish cleaning station there also.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:28 AM
The Camp Cook....

Cash: 13,860

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
Pretty sure. They need to lower the docks for sure. Its hard to jump from a boat to the dock to get the truck. I think they should install a fish cleaning station there also.
I agree with lowering the docks....When we take my mom fishing with us I have to launch at the I-210 launch...It is easier for her to get in and out of the boat....Not complaining though, I would do anything for my parents..
Old 09-30-2009, 11:35 AM
Great White

Cash: 2,534

I like either west cove launch or cal. Point landing... Its just easier to step off boat and on to the dock and not have to pull yourself up on the dock from the boat.