SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CajunTackle

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Freshwater Fishing Discussion > Freshwater Fishing Reports

Freshwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite freshwater spots here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-08-2012, 09:06 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460
Default Easter catfish at Toledo

Left Thursday for Toledo with the family and had a heck of a time. Got there Thursday and set out a couple lines in our honey holes then entertained the kids. Went boat riding and throwing crickets. We found a few beds of bull bream and the kids had a ball. I saw these big bull bream coming in and all I could think was BAIT! So I kept em live and baited the lines with em. Before we got on the bream I caught one big one on a road runner and put him straight on the line and next morning had a 15 pound op on it. That's what made Me decide to bait the whole line. Later that day we checked and had almost identical op. Caught more bream and baited that night. Next morning we had several good blues and one op about 40 pounds. So we revalued that morning with bull bream. Wanted to take the wife for a ride and me and my brother decided to run the lines while we were out. Picked up the op line and had a real heavy pull. I told my brother we had a big fish. Now I have caught several 40-60-70 pound fish. We saw bubbles and swirls but when I saw color I knew this was the biggest cat for me to date. I put down the net and grabbed the gaff. Few minutes later we had an 80 pound op laying in the boat. Biggest for me that I've seen. What a year for big cats.

Heres bait catchin.

And my nephew with a bass on senko

Here is one of the small ops wit paw paw

Here is the 40

And here are a couple of the monster.