SaltyCajun.com http://www.jerrys-marine.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 06-13-2013, 01:59 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 942
Default Sen. Landrieu Says S. Dakota Borders Canada

[SIZE=+1]Sen. Landrieu Says S. Dakota Borders Canada While Calling Border Fence 'Dumb'[/SIZE]

While attempting to attack an amendment to the “Gang of Eight” immigration bill that would require a fence be built along Mexico’s border with the U.S. before legalization, Sen. Mary Landrieu (D-LA) made a significant geographical gaffe. Landrieu, who represents Louisiana in the U.S. Senate, was trying to undermine the amendment Sen. John Thune (R-SD) offered. In doing so, she tried to argue Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) was more qualified to talk about border issues than Thune because McCain represents Arizona.
“A smart fence, which is what Senator McCain and I want to build--since he’s from Arizona, I think he knows more about this than the Senator from South Dakota who only has a border with Canada and that is quite different,” Landrieu said.
South Dakota does not share a border with Canada. It does, however, share borders with North Dakota, Wyoming, Montana, Minnesota, Nebraska and Iowa. Landrieu went on to argue that the 700-mile border double-fence that Congress passed into law a few years ago is a “dumb fence.” She said she would be “voting against” Thune’s amendment requiring the implementation of current law because of she thinks the fence is “dumb.”
Old 06-13-2013, 02:00 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 942

Talk about " dumb as a brick". Porky Landrieu continues to embarass Louisiana.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:29 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,326

And no wonder the country sees us as they do!!! Between idiots like her and the way shows filmed here are edited it makes us look amazing!
Old 06-13-2013, 10:39 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,007

Well since the citizens in Louisiana keep voting her into office, who are the real idiots here?
Old 06-13-2013, 10:41 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feesherman View Post
Well since the citizens in Louisiana keep voting her into office, who are the real idiots here?
The folks surrounding the new Orleans area mainly...
Old 06-14-2013, 06:18 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,749

^^you got that right...free loadin porch democrats out weigh the good vote!!

Sent From an Apple Tree.
Old 06-14-2013, 08:13 AM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by jldsc View Post
^^you got that right...free loadin porch democrats out weigh the good vote!!

Sent From an Apple Tree.
Seems to be the trend these days.... Freeloaders outnumber the working class... Welfare has become a career option.
Old 06-14-2013, 08:17 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

Geography can be a mother!
Old 06-14-2013, 08:27 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488

And her son was arrested last night for hit & run driving following an accident on Bourbon St where he struck a pedestrian!!!! Bet it doen't make it to court!!
Old 06-14-2013, 09:19 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,535

She thinks a fence is "dumb." How does she suggest we keep the illegals out.....oh, that's right, she and all the other democraps want them here cuz they want their vote.
Old 06-14-2013, 09:49 AM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

A couple weeks after Hurricane Katrina when asked about getting some rescue supplies to Bogalusa, Gov. Kathleen Blanco replied, "While I feel for everyone affected by this crisis...I think we need to let Mississippi take care of their own." This state has had some ringers. No damn wonder we're in the shape we're in.
Old 06-14-2013, 09:58 AM
Ling

Cash: 2,477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty View Post
A couple weeks after Hurricane Katrina when asked about getting some rescue supplies to Bogalusa, Gov. Kathleen Blanco replied, "While I feel for everyone affected by this crisis...I think we need to let Mississippi take care of their own." This state has had some ringers. No damn wonder we're in the shape we're in.
Salty's a redneck & didn't even know it
Old 06-14-2013, 10:01 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 826

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcredeur View Post
Seems to be the trend these days.... Freeloaders outnumber the working class... Welfare has become a career option.
Not a supporter of giving out welfare like candy, but you really think there are more people on welfare than working people?

Roughly 155million in work force. 11+ million unemployed. ~4.5 million on welfare, ~46 million on food stamps. So, there are still over 90 million people working without government aid (govt aid numbers not including tax breaks, etc).

Really want to read some shocking numbers? http://www.statisticbrain.com/welfare-statistics/

Check out recipient demographics
Old 06-14-2013, 10:32 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,535

She is clueless. She also supported a bill that would have put an end to internet gun sales. She cited a lack of background checks. She is so clueless she does not realize all internet gun sales across state lines have to be transferred to an FFL, and then, when the buy goes to pick it up his background check is run.

She has no business being a senator from Louisiana. I doubt all her constituents in the chocolate city really appreciate her support for all the illegals becoming legal - there is only so much welfare and food stamps to go around so she should be careful how she pizzes off her democrat supporters.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:38 AM
Ling

Cash: 1,584

trusting the government numbers on this right now is like trusting my retriever not to eat my Jack Links jerky.........

some reports show, that in one shape or form.......over 50% of the public is tied to the government for money, they either work for them, or get something for nuttin........
Old 06-14-2013, 11:04 AM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepeddler View Post
trusting the government numbers on this right now is like trusting my retriever not to eat my Jack Links jerky.........

some reports show, that in one shape or form.......over 50% of the public is tied to the government for money, they either work for them, or get something for nuttin........
In a way, aren't we all tied to government for money? After all, it is a federal reserve note we receive for time worked.
Old 06-14-2013, 11:05 AM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjaredsandwich View Post
Not a supporter of giving out welfare like candy, but you really think there are more people on welfare than working people?

Roughly 155million in work force. 11+ million unemployed. ~4.5 million on welfare, ~46 million on food stamps. So, there are still over 90 million people working without government aid (govt aid numbers not including tax breaks, etc).

Really want to read some shocking numbers? http://www.statisticbrain.com/welfare-statistics/

Check out recipient demographics
Without knowing the true numbers I was speaking more figuratively than literally. One thing however that does blow my mind with working in Emergency Services are the amount of people on Medicaid. I'm all for helping out the elderly, the disabled, and our veterans. But handing out to people who are not willing while the rest of us bust out backs to provide for us and them, I just have a hard time with that.
Old 06-14-2013, 11:11 AM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcredeur View Post
Without knowing the true numbers I was speaking more figuratively than literally. One thing however that does blow my mind with working in Emergency Services are the amount of people on Medicaid. I'm all for helping out the elderly, the disabled, and our veterans. But handing out to people who are not willing while the rest of us bust out backs to provide for us and them, I just have a hard time with that.
I totally agree with that statement.

A statistic (we all know what those are) from that link is that 9 states have a welfare program that pays more than the average u.s. teacher earns in a year!
Old 06-14-2013, 11:28 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

A fence ain't gonna stop crap, just like controlling guns won't stop people from shooting people.

They will get over the fence, or under it - they already have tunnels that are miles long to get in. A fence is a very dumb way to attempt to solve the problem.

Why do they come????? Free education, free healthcare, higher Paying jobs than back home because people hire them, schools cater to them not learning the language, they can vote too, get govt aid and so on. Eliminate this sh** and they will not be coming across illegally, enforce the laws we have instead of demonizing those that do and the problem is solved.

**** a fence, it's a waste of our money and time. That's a plan McCain likes because he is a closet Democrat and knows it will not solve the problem, but will shut most of the right side up - **** the fence and John McCain.
Old 06-14-2013, 11:40 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
A fence ain't gonna stop crap, just like controlling guns won't stop people from shooting people.

They will get over the fence, or under it - they already have tunnels that are miles long to get in. A fence is a very dumb way to attempt to solve the problem.

Why do they come????? Free education, free healthcare, higher Paying jobs than back home because people hire them, schools cater to them not learning the language, they can vote too, get govt aid and so on. Eliminate this sh** and they will not be coming across illegally, enforce the laws we have instead of demonizing those that do and the problem is solved.

**** a fence, it's a waste of our money and time. That's a plan McCain likes because he is a closet Democrat and knows it will not solve the problem, but will shut most of the right side up - **** the fence and John McCain.

Feel good legislation is about as useless as me going to a lesbo bar to get laid! It's like weed eating versus round-up..... Which one truely gets to the root of the problem?