SaltyCajun.com http://k2-coolers.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Freshwater Fishing Discussion

Freshwater Fishing Discussion For discussion of everything freshwater!

Old 04-11-2012, 12:01 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,781
Default Restocking lacassine

Got this in a text earlier today

All, FWS and LDWF are restocking the pool on Thursday April 26 around 10am. If a person wants to help placing fish in pool, they must contact Lacassine office to get on helper list and have a 100 quart ice chest to transport fish. Spread the word. Call office at 337-774-5923.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:09 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 460

Just called in and put my name on the list and they need more people to do the same.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:14 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 10,192

Dang I would be there if it wasnt on a thursaday. I heard they were doing 2 stages of stocking.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:32 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,525

Brings to mind one questions.......................If Lacassine is "ONLY for the ducks" why does the refuge management want to spend TAX PAYER $$$$ to restock fish in there??????????? To see if they can lower the water level again and kill em all over again?????
Old 04-13-2012, 01:51 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,346

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunsorc View Post
Brings to mind one questions.......................If Lacassine is "ONLY for the ducks" why does the refuge management want to spend TAX PAYER $$$$ to restock fish in there??????????? To see if they can lower the water level again and kill em all over again?????
you act as if you're upset they are restocking. is that the case?? what do u suggest they do? not restock?

Because honestly, they could say it's only for polar bears, i could care less what they say, as long as they're restocking the bass. and they'll take your tax dollars no matter what and spend it however they please anyway, so you'll just have to deal with that!

IMHO, i would love to see a 'lake fork' style slot limit permanantly in place at lacassine. keep a limit of under 16" bass and one over 24". imagine the end result of that!
Old 04-13-2012, 01:55 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,505

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi Lure Tricks View Post
you act as if you're upset they are restocking. is that the case?? what do u suggest they do? not restock?

Because honestly, they could say it's only for polar bears, i could care less what they say, as long as they're restocking the bass. and they'll take your tax dollars no matter what and spend it however they please anyway, so you'll just have to deal with that!

IMHO, i would love to see a 'lake fork' style slot limit permanantly in place at lacassine. keep a limit of under 16" bass and one over 24". imagine the end result of that!
Lol. I don't think polar bears would service in laccasine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-13-2012, 02:05 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

The Pool is Ducks #1 ....fish #10.... But I guess they have to make the public happy also...

50'000 bass fingering you will have about half of that make one year of lucky
Old 04-13-2012, 02:13 PM
Swordfish

Like I said earlier I heard they were doing a second stage stocking of 50,000
Old 04-13-2012, 02:22 PM
Red Snapper

I talked to a game warden in Hayes and asked him the same thing. He said they haven't lowered it for a few years. He said in the dead heat of summer they can lose as much as a half an inch a day due to evaporation and the only reason they pulled the boards last year was to let water in
Old 04-13-2012, 02:24 PM
Red Snapper

Did the office say they were putting 50,000 in? That same warden told me a number higher than that
Old 04-13-2012, 02:36 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

I heard 50,000 from the refuge biologist ...spoke to him at the store in Bell City Saturday ...
Old 04-13-2012, 09:02 PM
Redfish

Cash: 919

Quote:

at least there spending it on restocking fish instead of letting politicians spend it on something stupid!
Old 04-14-2012, 01:44 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,541
Lmfao Like what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gckid View Post
at least there spending it on restocking fish instead of letting politicians spend it on something stupid!
prostitutes!!!!!!
Old 04-16-2012, 09:53 AM
Redfish

Cash: 599

I would love to be there but don't get home from offshore that day till 1.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:26 AM
Redfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcnabb View Post
I talked to a game warden in Hayes and asked him the same thing. He said they haven't lowered it for a few years. He said in the dead heat of summer they can lose as much as a half an inch a day due to evaporation and the only reason they pulled the boards last year was to let water in

Does anyone remember********>

In early 2010, when they finished dividing up the pool, they isolated the section east of the new launch and drained that section so that they could "dry and burn" it. Then in mid summer 2010, without any attempt at burning, they removed the boards separating the western portion from the easter portions and allowed the western portion to re-fill the eastern section...................effectively reducing the amount of water in the ENTIRE marsh by almost 1/3. Am I the only one that realizes this??? And yes, they lose quite a bit of water due to evaporation but lets not help it out by draining 1/3 of the water out there!!!!!
Old 04-16-2012, 10:33 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 768

I heard they doing it in two stages, fingerlings from a hactery first, then their waiting for some florida bass to get about 6inchs that Rockefeller is growing. Not sure if that's true just heard it from a couple people
Old 04-16-2012, 10:46 AM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossHog View Post
I heard they doing it in two stages, fingerlings from a hactery first, then their waiting for some florida bass to get about 6inchs that Rockefeller is growing. Not sure if that's true just heard it from a couple people
exactly what I heard.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:56 AM
Redfish

Quote:

No, Im Just PISSED!!!!! Not that they are restocking it..... Pissed that they have told everyone for years that "ITs for the ducks" but they stocked it with florida strain bass several times starting in the Mid '80s to "improve the fishing"......That they "don't have the resources to enforce a size/length limit other than the state wide limits" then after the drought of 2000 they implemented a 14" minimum 5 fish limit.......That they continue to tell the locals what the locals want to hear and do what they(refuge management) want to do and think that all these locals are too "STUPID" to figure it out. MY statement was more of food for thought for people that haven't or won't think about what the management has done to this place. I remember when if you came in with less than 15lbs(3 fish stringer) in a dogfight you were gonna get ur feelings hurt.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:17 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

It is ducks 1st....but fishing is a part..so as a refuge I guess they have to keep it legit
Old 04-16-2012, 11:21 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 9,890

I completely understand that the sole purpose of the refuge is for the migratory birds, but let me ask you this when was the last time anyone saw 200 trucks lined up at the front gate to go bird watching?