SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CajunTackle

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 08-16-2012, 11:01 AM
Redfish

Cash: 1,739
Default Vermillion Bay

Morning Fellas,

I am fortunate enough to obtain a yard pass for Friday afternoon. Looking to take my 4 year old son to the bay for a few hours. Anyone got any words of advice I'd appreciate it. I am not looking to hit offshore, its too far with a limited amount of time to fish. I will provide photos and update if we get lucky. Last trip was a big goose egg.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:10 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 3,226

Macha, went Sunday afternoon and got blown off the bay with only a few to show for our efforts. Those that fished in the morning had far better results with little to no wind.
I'm trying to get a pass myself for Friday afternoon. Puttin' in at the point starting off at Blue Point, run to the Trash Pile, then to Dry Reef and last stop would be the Hammick. There are a few reports of fish in the Bay however the wind has most of it churned up along w/ shrimpin' season opening Monday. Forecast looks good for little wind but be careful with that 50% chance of thunderstorms. I'll be fishin' in a 21' Stratos...stop by if ya see me out there....we'll compare notes!
Old 08-16-2012, 11:21 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,393

I fished last Saturday after the morning Thundershower, hit Caldwell reef (SW Pass). Pick up a some specks and White trout under the birds. SW Pass might be a little far run for you and your son, However I found the clarity of the water to be better. Good luck and Tight line...
Old 08-16-2012, 12:43 PM
Redfish

I am looking to arrive around 4 pm, hopefully the showers will have moved on by then. I hope i can stay close and catch something. I am in a black bass tracker.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:20 PM
Redfish

Cash: 818

Try the trash pile, Shark Bayou, or the Delcambre Canal. I'm pretty sure itll be hit or miss though
Old 08-17-2012, 11:11 AM
Ling

Cash: 4,308

i might head out there this afternoon also to a friends camp. I will be in 22' blue pathfinder.Give me a holla if ya see me.
Old 08-17-2012, 01:18 PM
Redfish

Saw the weather, gonna brave it anyway. I get off work in the next hour. The 4yr old has been looking forward to it all week so I am not gonna let a little rain stop us. Good Luck and thanks to those who chimed in.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:03 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,326

Let me know how it goes...... Trying to decide If I want to go in the morn....
Old 08-17-2012, 05:11 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,358

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmacha View Post
Saw the weather, gonna brave it anyway. I get off work in the next hour. The 4yr old has been looking forward to it all week so I am not gonna let a little rain stop us. Good Luck and thanks to those who chimed in.
let us know, I'll be out there tomm evening, weather permitting...hope you do well!
Old 08-18-2012, 10:11 AM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmacha View Post
I think I saw ya running toward the trashpile. I was sitting on Blue Point, I waved as you passed. You should have stopped right there. Had a good bite going w/ tons of whites and a speck every 5th one. Weather chased me in around 6:00pm. Hope you didn't get caught in that huge thunderstorm over Weeks, it got real nasty out there quickly.
Old 08-18-2012, 04:20 PM
Redfish

Default Update

Yes, I did see you now that you mention I do recall you waving. I am sorry I didn't stop as I wasn't certain and surely didn't want to pot lick anyone. I ran to the trash pile. There were a ton of birds working. We caught a ton of small white trout and wayyyy to many gaftops. I ended up catching a keeper speck and one large white trout. I saw the bad weather coming and made my way back towards the landing. I didn't see you on my return. I made the run towards some of the well heads and saw more birds. We couldn't keep up with them but these where defintly trout saw them hiting the shrimp.
Then it got ugly and we decided to turn it in
Overall a bust trip but he caught and released several white trout and landed a huge gaftop. So we had fun. No photos due to incliment weather
Also if that's what fishing that point is I would HAVE never figured that out. Learning as I go.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:35 AM
Tripletail

Blue Point was the first stop. Ran out the canal straight there with one other boat fishing the area. Really nice guy in a bass boat. He had a good bite going then invited me to pull along side, anchor and share the bite. He left because of the approaching weather. Most everyone I talked to said that gaff tops and whiteys are under those birds...gonna be another coupla weeks before the specks get under them.