SaltyCajun.com lake area banner

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion > Hunting Reports

Hunting Reports Read and share your hunting reports here!

Old 11-22-2013, 10:06 AM
Redfish

Cash: 3,000
Default Big Hutch

I wanted to post this and show my appreation as well as let everyone know what a great person we have in Big Hutch. I met Hutch thru the Salty Cajun site. He was instrumental in helping me find a place to duck hunt after I bough my camp in Little Chenier. In early September I was hospitalized for several months due to an illness. In spite of Hutch having never met me (We had only talked on the phone and thru the Salty Cajun) he called to inquire on my health and check to see my progress and my ability to get back into the hunting scene. I was physically unable to build my blind for the opening weekend and still not able to hunt the opener even if I wanted to. However by the second weekend of the season, I felt as if I could hunt with someone, however I had no blind and had made up my mind that as a courtsey to the other hunters in the area I would not construct my blind until the split as to not disturb the birds using the area. Hutch, after learning this (and once again not even really knowing me) called and invited me to hunt with him. We went yesterday and together bagged 1-Grey, 1-Teal, 3-Spoonbills and 1-Hooded Merganser. Hutch took care of getting me to the blind, made sure I was comfortable and offered me all first shot opportunities. He made my hunt one of the most enjoyable I have had in years and I am proud to now call him a friend. He is one of the most personable people I have ever met. I know we have all shared blinds with people we would not wish to be confined in a 10' x 4' space ever again, however I assure you Big hutch does not fit into that catagory. With all this being said I want to again express my sincere thanks to Big Hutch and once I am 100% and get back on my feet would enjoy returning the favor to him and take him on some duck hunts with me. We are all blessed to have association with Big Hutch, he is a true sportsman. I look forward to more years hunting, fishing and telling stories with him. Thanks................Jeff
Old 11-22-2013, 10:10 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 9,130

Salty Cajun has some great peeps... kudos to you Big Hutch
Old 11-22-2013, 10:25 AM
Flounder

Cash: 641

Jeff,

Thanks for the kind words. I had a blast yesterday. It was my pleasure to meet you and hunt with you. I look forward to doing it again.

Keep getting better!!

Robbie aka Big Hutch
Old 11-22-2013, 10:57 AM
Flounder

Cash: 639

Wow! That's the kind of stuff that restores my faith in humanity. I'm not sure what your illness is Gerenemo, but keep fighting and getting better! And to hutch, cheers to you my friend. Thanks for being a good person even when nobody is watching. You are a good man
Old 11-22-2013, 11:19 AM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,579

awesome! Through SC I have met some damn fine folks!!
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 11-22-2013, 12:00 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 10,458

Way to go to both of you.
Old 11-22-2013, 12:39 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,569

Good deal hutch!! Good people on here!