SaltyCajun.com http://www.angler-products.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 01-20-2014, 11:42 PM
Redfish

Cash: 848
Dance Cameron Jetties 1-19-2014

This time of year is always great at the jetties. Caught this bull Sunday afternoon around 4:00 pm. Tide was coming in, 5-8 SW wind, beautiful blue sky. Had stopped earlier at the Rutherford Beach Road where the small bridge used to be and caught some nice mullet in my cast net on the west side of the road. This turned out to be a good move once I got to the jetties. The tide was beginning to come in when I arrived around 1:30 pm or so. I had paid the 5 bucks to get into the Cameron Jetty Facility and was ready to go as I had Carolina rigged (20 lb. Berkley Big Game with a 1 ounce egg weight, 60 lb. test mono leader and a #5 Salt Water long shank hook). I put several of the fresh mullet I had caught in my floating bait bucket and I headed on back to the jetties. I had to walk the jetties for probably a hundred yards or so where I passed up the breakers and started searching for a good spot where I could sit and get comfortable and also where I could easily land a beast onto the adjacent rocks if I had to. I found a pretty good spot and cut a nice filet from one of the mullet, double-hooked it, and flung it out there. Let me also say that I don't use expensive tackle. I fish with a Zebco 888 real and a 7 foot Ugly Stik. This rig has worked many times for me and if it ain't broke don't fix it. Within 15 minutes "fish on". It was a smaller red than I usually catch out there, but the fight was great. It pulled like a bigger fish. I measured him out and he was right at 26 1/2 inches. That meant I could catch another one. At the jetties it's sometimes difficult to catch reds less than 27 inches. The fish gods were smiling down on me though. Once the tide came in pretty good around 4 pm I got a monster on the line! This boy put on a pretty fight but eventually I was able to land him. The tough part was hauling big boy and his little brother over the jetties to my Durango. But, it was a good workout, and I'm eating barbequed red fish tonight!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg big red 01-19-2014 cameron jetties.jpg (108.9 KB, 473 views)
File Type: jpg little brother red 01-19-2014 cameron jetties.jpg (99.8 KB, 473 views)
Old 01-21-2014, 12:14 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,679

Nice report, look like the reds are still around that area.
Old 01-21-2014, 07:18 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Good job and nice report. I will be fishing just west of there this Saturday. Looking to drop the hammer on some reds . Stay on em bro.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:11 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,322

That is a beast!!!! Lol. Good job and thanks for the detailed report.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk