SaltyCajun.com http://cajunrodandreelrepair.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 06-26-2014, 06:18 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 8,726
Default Bulls and a bit more

After an outstanding day with over 30 bull redfish to our credit and the same 3 people I had my work cut out for me to give them a good trip. We met early and headed out a little after 6. On the way out they mentioned they want to target the bulls like yesterday and on the way in go look for some box fish. I had already left without any ice in the fish box but I said I would see what happens.

We start fishing before 7:00 and the bulls were still there. The bite was a bit slow but the fish were bigger. The water was a different color and it was very calm. There was also a lot less bait around. Heck after all the fish there the day before and seeing they spent the night gorging on everything in the area the feed stocks must have been depleted substantially. Our first hog had some beautiful color.

Today had been planned to be a short day so they could head back to Texas and be in shape to go to work the next day. The fish were still hitting hard. One of the fish exploded on the cork, demolished it, and broke the 50 pound leader just below the knot.

Our second fish broke the 30 pound mark. Through out the morning we managed a 31, 34, and the best of the day was a 36 pound horse. I can't remember which was which in my pictures. Notice the guy in the background fighting one at the time I took the picture.

We caught one that I think is the one that went 36 pounds that had either a growth or a broken jaw at an earlier time in it's life. As you can see it clearly engulfed the jig. I have a way of getting the deep hooks out of the fish without harming it at all. I use a large R&R dehooker. It has a bend in it made just for getting out the deep hooks doing no harm to the fish at all.

You can see that it is clearly visible from the opposite side as well. This was definitely a tough old war horse.

We had a full morning fighting and landing over a dozen fish. I took several pictures but do not have the space to post all of them. They also took a bunch of video footage that I hope to get sent to me.

Just before noon we went nearby looking foe some slot reds. I hit a few points and found a couple.

With no ice and temps near 90 we had to keep the fish fresh. I though of the drink cooler but most of that ice had already melted so it was a last option. I put them in the live well. that worked very well for us. All 4 were still swimming when I got the boat on the trailer and back home.

The bite dropped off in the area and they wanted to head in early so with a full morning of bulls, 4 in the well to 26 inches. and the sky above getting dark we headed to the barn. It was a redfish type of day again.

Life is Good!
Fishing is not a matter of life or death. It's more important than that.

CAPT HOOP -- OUR FREEDOM
Old 06-26-2014, 07:14 AM
Redfish

Cash: 732

Where r u out of do u charter all the time I would like some info a Web site would be fine to

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Old 06-26-2014, 05:45 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 8,726

I charter out of Venice. I do not have a web site. My # is 504-247-8459.