SaltyCajun.com http://www.braggingbadges.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 02-25-2016, 12:54 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,959
Default Shortcut to Saline or Larto

I'm hoping someone here can help me. We went to our deer lease last weekend to do some work and on the way back decided to go check out Larto. Wanting to try some different areas. We made it to Uncle Bud's and looked around the area. Took a route home through Marksville and Bunkie. Wanting to know if there are any shortcuts to Larto and Saline (want to check that area out also) from Lafayette that some of you may know of that can help us to get there a little quicker. Been looking at maps, but I know they don't show all of the little roads that are available. Thanks in advance!!
Old 02-25-2016, 02:32 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 10,458

I used to go there often and from I-49 going through Bunkie is the shortest route I know of.
Old 02-25-2016, 02:34 PM
Redfish

Cash: 859

Big c, i live in pineville, and i dont know of any shortcuts to get there, i49 to bunkie to marksville and up 107 and down that curvy road is your best bet!
Old 02-25-2016, 04:52 PM
Trophy Trout

Thanks, guys. That's what I thought. We had the bad luck of getting behind a crawfish truck that was doing 30-35 the whole way. Took forever to find a stretch straight enough without oncoming traffic to pass him up. Appreciate it!
Old 02-25-2016, 05:12 PM
Redfish

Cash: 859

Be careful on the dirt road, in the fields, it can get pretty bumpy and sloppy if they are farming and after a rain! If you have questions ab the saline larto complex just holler at me, i grew up out there and know it really well!
Old 02-25-2016, 06:08 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,009

I take the Cheneyville exit coming from Laffy. Not much further than the Bunkie exit heading north and you avoid going thru Bunkie and little b.s. towns. Follow your GPS and it should get u there. As mentioned in earlier post the gravel road to Larto is a pain but it is what it is. Only way to avoid gravel road that I know is to go all the way to Jonesville and back track down.
Old 02-25-2016, 08:34 PM
Trophy Trout

Gasdad - we looked at that route and may have to try that one when we go. Jman, thanks for the offer! We may have a few questions for you before we go. Now that we have things finished with the deer lease, we're just checking the boats and getting them ready to go!