SaltyCajun.com http://www.gator-tail.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Boating Talk

Boating Talk For discussion of everything related to boats and motors

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #36  
Old 03-08-2010, 01:06 PM
Opinions_Vary's Avatar
Opinions_Vary Opinions_Vary is offline
Trophy Trout
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Port Barre
Posts: 291
Cash: 889
Default

I own a Mako 191 with a Suzuki 150. The price of the boat is very attractive at first and it also looks very nice. It is also has a dry ride. However the latches on the baitwell rusted away and I have had to repair it. The dealership hard-wired my trolling motor to the batteries instead of installing a plug, another problem that I had to fix myself. I had to install a fuel-water separator because fiberglass from manufacturing had entered the tank and was clogging the motors filters. I also had to install an onboard charger. The boat also does not come with a jackplate, powerpole, or trimtabs, all things that you will find essential if you do any kind of shallow water fishing. The boat can handle rough water, although I would recommend anything 22 feet or better to the people who can afford it. To summarize, the original attractivness of the boats retail price quickly fades once you start adding all of the essentials that any self respecting bay boat needs to fish the waters of SW Louisiana.
Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:30 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007 - 2008, PixelFX Studios
SaltyCajun.com logo provided by Bryce Risher

All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted
Geo Visitors Map