SaltyCajun.com http://www.stickemrods.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion > Hunting Reports

Hunting Reports Read and share your hunting reports here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-23-2010, 04:09 PM
Ling

Cash: 4,851
Default 11/20-11/22

Hunted with huntin fool all weekend. We hunted my Vinton lease all weekned since I haven't gotten my longtail setup yet. Saturday, Dad, fool and me shot 14 birds. Birds were decoying fairly well, had a very good flight for the area considering that the last few years have sucked to say the least. Was mostly teal with 2 greenheads and a couple of pintail. Sunday, Fool and I hunted by ourselves. We killed 8 by 7am. I kept telling him that when the fog lifts it would on. Well I was wrong. We didn't fire a shot after 7am. We were shooting very well Sunday morning only letting one or two birds fly away to see another day. Again we had mostly teal with one greenhead and one ringneck. We had a good flock of woodies circle a couple of times high but just could not get them to get into range for a few shots unfortunately. Monday, we had the privilige to hunt with my grandpa. Needless to say, we couldn't hit a duck if our life depended on it. We only killed 3 but easily should have had at least 9. The action was slow but the few birds we saw committed nicely, including the 3 curl mallard that came in and laughed at fool and my grandfather while flying away (I was using the restroom and seen it all, was an awful sight). All in all we had a fun weekend of hunting with friends and family. We did the best of all the blinds this weekend. Total count was somewhere around 14 hunters total and only 36 ducks. Sorry no pics this time, Fool said he was hunting this weekend, not playing photographer. Hopefully we can start shooting a little better this weekend and get some limits.