SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CajunTackle

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-11-2011, 06:27 AM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.B View Post
Read my post again friend....I said nothing abt you or any commercial fisherman making a living on the lake....you can still make a living tonging. My point is that entire reef structure's are being wiped out completely and flattened by dredges...and hauled off!! Thats where I make my living on reefs 90% of the time....Every oyster boat will be in west cove this year....you'll have nothing for next year....reef in the cove is a thing of the past....
Entire reef structure is not being wiped out. Just the oysters. There is still hard bottoms on the East side with a few Oysters. But nothing on the hard bottom, nothing for the shrimp to hide in.
Thing is, everyone knew the Oysters were gone from the East side last year and they still opened that side up.
Other thing, I don't care what anyone says, dredging wiped out the Oysters. Tonging is not easy, dredging is a lot easier. Easier work, more people doing it. If dredging wasn't easy, there wouldn't be no more boats than if there was tonging.