SaltyCajun.com http://www.boltonford.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-15-2009, 08:53 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488
FlagUS My "addiction" continues!

Well, this morning made day #4 of the 2009 teal season. I had good friends Josh Credeur and Randy Angelle with me this morning for a hunt south of Kaplan on a hunt I threw together at the last minute since onee of my vendors was not using his spot. We met in Kaplan @ the Gulfway, grabbed our stuff and headed south past Suire's. Arrived to find a nice little tight pothole in the rice stuble w/ about 6" of water. The hole was a little smaller than I normally like, but it was apparently perfect for the teal!

Josh brought his young lab named Millie and she got her first taste of duck hunting. The birds came in in large groups, and in a matter of minutes it was over. Specifically, at 6:36 I counted birds and told them we needed 2 more and at 6:37 I was telling them to stop shooting as I saw 2 more fall from a folley of shots. It was that quick! We really only shot 3 or 4 groups of birds for the limit.

Millie did well and after watching my young dog the last 3 days it was nice to see somebody else's dog doing the same thing. Enjoyed the hunt guys, can't wait to do it again! Today makes the teal count at 72 so far. Will give them a break this weekend while I go shoot doves in south Texas!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg josh&millie 002.jpg (96.5 KB, 283 views)