SaltyCajun.com http://www.geaux-outdoors.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Freshwater Fishing Discussion

Freshwater Fishing Discussion For discussion of everything freshwater!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-18-2013, 10:39 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 565
Default Ramah Bank Fishing Failure

I just got into fish and I fished Ramah all summer long, probably twenty times. But I never caught a fish. I got Favaro bros and they give me some advice but nothings worked so far.
I would really appreciate it if yall could give me some advice, I really wanna catch some fish next time I go out there.

I have fished on the basin side of the levee, right under the interstate and a while south of there.

I use a Johnson sabra reel and I was using 10 lb line but now Ive switched entirely to 20 lb. I can only use monofilament I think, braid was snagging.

I was going after bream at first but everyone out there catches catfish and goofish so Ive switched my attack strategy.

I always use the same slip cork setup but I got different baits. I tie a not up top big enough to catch a bead, throw on the float, then like a half oz bullet weight with bead on eachside. then at the end i square knot a clip onto it and thats what i put the hook on. Its probably 12 to 18 inches from bobber to hook in the water.

the baits ive used include crickets on size 8 and 10, beetlespins and jigheads, thats when i was going after bream

now i guess im going after cat sacalait and bass, but i got no strategy. Ive got size 1 and 2 hooks for both cat and crappie (which i figure is same stuff as sacalait). Ive put shiners on these hooks but also hooks that say shank, they are good for holding the shiner. Ive got some double triangle hook bass lures that i throw out there sometimes. Im thinking about trying out nightcrawlers

Ive put all of this on the same weighted slip cork setup.

Generall when I get a bite I give it a quick snap to the side to try and set the hook, but usually the hook pops out their mouth, or the line breaks, I think it might actually be a bad square knot on the clip.

I go really early like 6 am. But yea anything yall think I should try, I appreciate it. I dont know what to do with a fish if i catch it but if i do catch a catfish i figure i should hit it over the head before i touch it so it doesnt sting me

god bless america and lsu will roll the entire sec so hard this year, we are the only team left with a real defense.