SaltyCajun.com http://www.matrixshad.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Offshore Fishing Discussion

Offshore Fishing Discussion Discuss everything bluewater from pelagics to reef fish here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-14-2015, 11:00 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,607
Arrow Grand Isle - June 1st, 2nd, 3rd Offshore Buddy Boat?

I will be rig fishing out of Bridgeside Marina in Grand Isle on June 1st, 2nd, and possibly the 3rd too (Monday - Wednesday), depending on how worn out we are after fishing Tuesday.

We will be heading South South-East and fishing anywhere between 30-50 miles out at various rigs that we have had success at in previous years. The water depth in this area is 250'-600'. Target species are Snapper, Lemon fish, Amberjack (catch, tag, and release), and anything else that wants to take an ice bath. We have also caught almaco jacks, Huge Croakers, Big White Trout, Chicken Dolfin, and a variety of other species in this area. We are bringing some trolling gear and hoping that we find the rip line as we did last year.

I was wondering if anyone else is interested in fishing this area during this time period and would want to hook up and do the buddy boat system. We don't have to fish the same rig all day but at least stay within radio contact distance. Having another boat out there in radio contact gives us much more confidence about being that far offshore with a single motor.

If anyone is interested let me know either by replying to this thread or sending me a private message.