SaltyCajun.com http://www.lmcboats.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-18-2015, 06:24 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556
Default how do they get away with this?

Most of you don't know me and less know that my wife is handicapped.
She doesn't have to use a wheel chair all the time but does if there is a lot of walking or climbing.
I tried to find a room for us and her fur baby in grand isle for a week in October.
The only place i could find that takes pets is 20+ off the ground and she can't handle the steps . only place that is low to the ground doesn't take pets. It is still not wheel chair accessible.
there are a couple of places that have ramps but the way i see it they don't meet ADA standards. The person in the chair can not use them w/o someone to help them.
There is NO MOTEL on the island that has elevators.
How does a whole town get away with not meeting ADA standards?
When they rebuilt all the dunes on the front of the island they used federal dollars and had to put in handicapped parking and access to the beach. But there is no access to any of the hotels?
I am not a sue happy person but i could have one hell of a law suit that they cold not defend.
I enjoy going to the island and if i sued i would never be able to go back. my name would be flagged and if i showed up they would have me in jail for something?
I guess it's this way in every fishing area as i have never seen access at any of the rental property's