SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlesurgentcare.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-13-2015, 09:31 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,074
Default Marsh Island holding a few trout

My Big Lake fishing partner came over last night for a crawfish boil and to watch the fight. He started talking smack about the bay or as he calls it the Toilet Bowl and I bet him a Duce rod I could put him on some reds and maybe even a few trout. After he checked the weather report, he took me up on my challenge. I guess should have checked the weather report as well but the wages had already been laid. I figured it wouldn't be a productive day but at least I would get the satisfaction of seeing the bow spray pelt him in his big mouth as I plowed through the small craft advisory. I had been on a few fish and figured they would still be biting as this front pass through. The low pressure raised the water level what I am guessing is about 2ft and when that happens I head to Marsh Island. Getting there proved to be a task but we made it. The falling tide was delayed about an hour so I started as far back in my favorite bayou as I could get and stared beating banks. The water wasn't great but it was a little salty and had about 6" of vis. He hooked a our only redfish of the day on a Baby-1 that was hanging from my windshield container but other than that I was having trouble finding them. At about 10 the tide really started moving so I moved to the mouth of another bayou that has a few small reef heads surrounded by deeper channels and found a school of trout feeding around one of them. But the bite was slow. Caught a couple dinks on small glow/chart swim baits working them with the current which was pretty strong and I figured I was blowing it past them. I moved around so I could work the bait slower into the oncoming current. About that time my super hero fishing partner, who brings about 3 academy isles worth of lures everywhere, ties on a broke back corky and wham lands a solid 2 lber. Then proceeded to catch 4 more until I swallowed my pride and asked him if he had one for me. He chucked and pulled out a zip lock with 5 of them and said he had just bought them from some guy named Steve who sells them out the back of his truck. He was going to wait until Christmas but he guessed he could give them to me a little early. We ended up with about 30 and then the bite slacked. Good day with a good friend. Texas roach type color did the damage. I didn't call in the bet on the duce. The broke backs were good enough. Water temp was 72, I wonder what its gonna settle at once this big front passes though.

P.S. I would have fished my normal spot but Gunner fished it out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Marsh Island 1.jpg (59.6 KB, 768 views)
File Type: jpg Marsh Island 2.jpg (52.5 KB, 767 views)