SaltyCajun.com http://k2-coolers.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #11  
Old 07-29-2011, 08:59 AM
whunter29 whunter29 is offline
Tripletail
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Abbeville La
Posts: 712
Cash: 963
Default

Some of you were writing about dot cops. Here is my actual experience with them. Two days before Christmas last year I get pulled over on La14 out of Abbeville. I ask officer did I due something wrong because I just passed a full dot roadside inspection a week earlier with no violations. He said no you didn't do anything wrong but I want to check you. The dot officer then proceeds to recheck everything and notices my emergency breakaway switch was hooked into my safety chains. A violation which at the time I had no idea about as I had been threw five or more previous roadside inspections in multiple states and had never been told anything about. Needless to say this sob put me out of service and wrote me a 100 dollar ticket. I honestly believe they work on a ticket quota to make money for the state. So if any of you four wheelers think you get harassed you ought to see what us truckers go threw. Also supposedly after passing a roadside inspection like I did before we are suppose to be given a sticker that we passed so we are not harassed for a number of months but everytime I have passed my roadside inspection dot tells me they are out of stickers. Go figure. In my mind if he would have given me a simple warning I can assure you I would have gotten this issue fixed immediately. This is one shinning example of why I have no respect for dot cops.
Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:19 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007 - 2008, PixelFX Studios
SaltyCajun.com logo provided by Bryce Risher

All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted
Geo Visitors Map