SaltyCajun.com http://www.gator-tail.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hobby Forums > The Trading Floor (Investing, Stocks, Bonds)

The Trading Floor (Investing, Stocks, Bonds) Discuss investing and investments here! Do your own due diligence before investing. We are not responsible for any advice or recommendations within this forum!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-04-2011, 03:12 PM
simplepeddler's Avatar
simplepeddler simplepeddler is offline
Ling
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: saint amant
Posts: 3,421
Cash: 1,684
Default

Considering that many are not moving and pulling out to liquidity (taking profits) could this be considered part of a conspiracy to get folks to take gains and pay taxes on them??

Just my mind wondering.

I am standing pat, was pretty conservative any way.
I have stopped funding my 401K past matching by the company and putting that towards a rental condo in Orange Beach that we picked up considerably lower than appraisal. I am confident it will cash flow and grow in value over the next five years.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-04-2011, 03:15 PM
Shawn Braquet's Avatar
Shawn Braquet Shawn Braquet is offline
Ling
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Lake Charles
Posts: 3,241
Cash: 4,901
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepeddler View Post
Considering that many are not moving and pulling out to liquidity (taking profits) could this be considered part of a conspiracy to get folks to take gains and pay taxes on them??

Just my mind wondering.

I am standing pat, was pretty conservative any way.
I have stopped funding my 401K past matching by the company and putting that towards a rental condo in Orange Beach that we picked up considerably lower than appraisal. I am confident it will cash flow and grow in value over the next five years.
My grandmaw has a beach condo in Gulf Shores, she bought it 15 years ago or so now appraises for 10x what she paid for it. Thats not counting what she rents it out to friends for (which is half of what you pay through the condo itself so it's a win win for her friends and her)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-04-2011, 03:50 PM
ckinchen's Avatar
ckinchen ckinchen is offline
Site Owner/Admin
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Woodlands, TX / Hackberry
Posts: 11,646
Cash: 22,710
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepeddler View Post
Considering that many are not moving and pulling out to liquidity (taking profits) could this be considered part of a conspiracy to get folks to take gains and pay taxes on them??

Just my mind wondering.

I am standing pat, was pretty conservative any way.
I have stopped funding my 401K past matching by the company and putting that towards a rental condo in Orange Beach that we picked up considerably lower than appraisal. I am confident it will cash flow and grow in value over the next five years.
I like that play, I'm long real estate investing right now at least as it relates to income producing properties purchased subsequent to the subprime bubble.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:46 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007 - 2008, PixelFX Studios
SaltyCajun.com logo provided by Bryce Risher

All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted
Geo Visitors Map