SaltyCajun.com http://www.ccastar.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #16  
Old 08-12-2009, 06:12 PM
Trent Buxton's Avatar
Trent Buxton Trent Buxton is offline
Redfish
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: DeQuincy
Posts: 241
Cash: 753
Default

ASR agreed 100% on blind openings...when I was a kid you NEVER heard of a blind being up for lease in a newspaper in South Louisiana. They were few and far between and all had a HIGH price tag $2500 FOR A TWO MAN OR MORE. and had a family waiting list on every blind just to get a hunt or two in a year. It was good times and lots of birds. I hunt on Duckmasters lease(down by forked Island) last year for the first time in a decade. hunted same blind areas I had back in the day. Hunted all weekend and I can count the birds I seen in the air with the change in my pocket. It was sad. When I was younger you could set on the porch there at the camp at dusk and the sky was black with ducks heading to roost. First evening there with a cold front pushing in I saw less than 200 total as far as I could see. Its the same all over south of I-10. Flight patterns have changed for years to come. It does cycle and it may be 25 years before it changes again.
Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:17 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007 - 2008, PixelFX Studios
SaltyCajun.com logo provided by Bryce Risher

All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted
Geo Visitors Map