SaltyCajun.com http://www.stickemrods.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #9  
Old 08-16-2013, 09:21 PM
Gottogo49's Avatar
Gottogo49 Gottogo49 is offline
Tripletail
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Lake Charles
Posts: 815
Cash: 1,474
Default

It's just me but I try to match the hatch.
We have lots of coots and scaup with some greys and teal.
I like variety and I try to make the spread look like what they normally see.
Only 2 greenheads killed last year so I don't put out many of those.
I like to put a couple of mottled ducks as confidence decoys off to one side.
The white breasts of pintail drakes show up well so I put a few of those guys out front.
I found a couple of spoonbill decoys, I like the white breast on the drake even though I shoot spoonies only as a last resort. I like duck butts and headless feeders but I will pick those up if the wind is still and they seem to flare. A jerk string can be a magnet on calm days. That's everything that I know about decoys.
Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:30 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007 - 2008, PixelFX Studios
SaltyCajun.com logo provided by Bryce Risher

All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted
Geo Visitors Map