SaltyCajun.com http://www.stickemrods.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

View Poll Results: Should we go to war in syria
Stay out of it 91 88.35%
Go to war 12 11.65%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-28-2013, 10:49 AM
Purple Back's Avatar
Purple Back Purple Back is offline
Red Snapper
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: BC
Posts: 1,692
Cash: 814
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceArcher View Post
Your trolling right? World war at this stage equals almost assured use of nukes. We won't just return to "faith, family, and freedom"... we would return to the stone ages.

I'm pretty sure you can't possibly be serious....
I am serious, this world has turned evil. And if I die, so be it, I'm ready to go meet my maker and get away from this evil consumed planet. I am not so sure that I would not rather the stone ages.

Side Note: Enemy tactics would probably have them hit the large cities which would eliminate about 90% of the people who don't contribute $hit to this country.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-28-2013, 11:08 AM
bmac bmac is offline
Tripletail
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lafayette
Posts: 539
Cash: 1,138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Back View Post
I am serious, this world has turned evil. And if I die, so be it, I'm ready to go meet my maker and get away from this evil consumed planet. I am not so sure that I would not rather the stone ages.

Side Note: Enemy tactics would probably have them hit the large cities which would eliminate about 90% of the people who don't contribute $hit to this country.
Nutcase
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-28-2013, 11:12 AM
Spunt Drag's Avatar
Spunt Drag Spunt Drag is offline
Red Snapper
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: SWLA
Posts: 1,611
Cash: -747,300
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Back View Post
I am serious, this world has turned evil. And if I die, so be it, I'm ready to go meet my maker and get away from this evil consumed planet. I am not so sure that I would not rather the stone ages.

Side Note: Enemy tactics would probably have them hit the large cities which would eliminate about 90% of the people who don't contribute $hit to this country.




Hahaha then I hope they start with New Orleans first.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-28-2013, 11:18 AM
mcjaredsandwich's Avatar
mcjaredsandwich mcjaredsandwich is offline
Sailfish
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tx
Posts: 5,366
Cash: 926
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Back View Post
I am serious, this world has turned evil. And if I die, so be it, I'm ready to go meet my maker and get away from this evil consumed planet. I am not so sure that I would not rather the stone ages.

Side Note: Enemy tactics would probably have them hit the large cities which would eliminate about 90% of the people who don't contribute $hit to this country.
Or if they thought logically, they'd attack the areas that keep the country running. I.e., power plants, oil refineries, ports, etc.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-28-2013, 11:26 AM
southern151's Avatar
southern151 southern151 is offline
Blue Marlin
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Gonzales
Posts: 8,705
Cash: 3,646
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjaredsandwich View Post
Or if they thought logically, they'd attack the areas that keep the country running. I.e., power plants, oil refineries, ports, etc.
You are correct and, if someone was serious about invading us, that's exactly where they'd go first. Cutting our infrastructure (i.e. bridges, oil) would be the ultimate way to cut the head off of the snake.

9/11 wasn't meant to be a full-on invasion, IMO. It was meant for a shock and, awe event...A way for them to tell us that they are out there.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-28-2013, 11:38 AM
Clampy's Avatar
Clampy Clampy is offline
Ling
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Flats
Posts: 3,509
Cash: 5,700
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern151 View Post
You are correct and, if someone was serious about invading us, that's exactly where they'd go first. Cutting our infrastructure (i.e. bridges, oil) would be the ultimate way to cut the head off of the snake.

9/11 wasn't meant to be a full-on invasion, IMO. It was meant for a shock and, awe event...A way for them to tell us that they are out there.
It did what it was supposed to. Change our way of life. Cameras everywhere. TSA crap. Etc.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-28-2013, 06:11 PM
One On One On is offline
Sand Trout
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Farmerville, LA
Posts: 6
Cash: 662
Default

People are appalled at the sight of dead children and want revenge. We, the U.S. ,killed thousands of children in Hiroshima and Nagasaki and were dancing in the streets. As a Vietnam helicopter pilot, I saw the worst humanity has to offer! We need to keep our *** at home and take care of our own !
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-28-2013, 06:25 PM
Msucowpoke51's Avatar
Msucowpoke51 Msucowpoke51 is offline
Tripletail
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Moss Bluff
Posts: 843
Cash: 1,602
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by One On View Post
People are appalled at the sight of dead children and want revenge. We, the U.S. ,killed thousands of children in Hiroshima and Nagasaki and were dancing in the streets. As a Vietnam helicopter pilot, I saw the worst humanity has to offer! We need to keep our *** at home and take care of our own !
I just think about how the last 10 years of the Afgan war has affected not only our country as a whole, but specifically the middle class citizens, and I worry about another war, and what we will look like in 10 years ... as its said earlier, we are out policing the world, and that really is a good thing, but we have alot GOOD people in our own country that are barely surviving
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-28-2013, 11:20 AM
Goooh's Avatar
Goooh Goooh is offline
Swordfish
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Broussard
Posts: 5,660
Cash: 7,366
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Back View Post
I am serious, this world has turned evil. And if I die, so be it, I'm ready to go meet my maker and get away from this evil consumed planet. I am not so sure that I would not rather the stone ages.

Side Note: Enemy tactics would probably have them hit the large cities which would eliminate about 90% of the people who don't contribute $hit to this country.
And the oils and gas that makes our country run. Guess where that is????????????????


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-28-2013, 11:22 AM
Purple Back's Avatar
Purple Back Purple Back is offline
Red Snapper
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: BC
Posts: 1,692
Cash: 814
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
And the oils and gas that makes our country run. Guess where that is????????????????


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Liek I said, I am ready to go whenever.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-28-2013, 01:59 PM
PReaux's Avatar
PReaux PReaux is offline
King Mackeral
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hoard, Texas
Posts: 2,197
Cash: 4,190
Default yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
And the oils and gas that makes our country run. Guess where that is????????????????



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Gooh hit it right on top of the head . . . My wife and I lived in Kuwait and Saudi for 2 1/2 years back in the mid 70's . . . Those people been fightin for 1000's of years . . . We wouldn't be having this discussion if the United States was in a state of "Energy Independence" . . . we're not that far from that right now . . . The Keystone pipeline is/close to being complete . . . all the way to Pt. Arthur . . . guess who won't open the valve . . .
Anybody remember the PLO? . . .
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:47 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007 - 2008, PixelFX Studios
SaltyCajun.com logo provided by Bryce Risher

All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted
Geo Visitors Map