SaltyCajun.com http://louisianaofficesystems.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Boating Talk

Boating Talk For discussion of everything related to boats and motors

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-26-2013, 11:10 AM
PaulMyers's Avatar
PaulMyers PaulMyers is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Moss Bluff, LA
Posts: 10,057
Cash: 19,009
Default

I have put them in every boat I have owned. It's a small price to pay for the added insurance you get by keeping your fuel system clean.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-26-2013, 12:11 PM
Cappy's Avatar
Cappy Cappy is offline
Red Snapper
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: ST James Parish
Posts: 1,150
Cash: 2,224
Default

I aint no expert and I aint no chemist, but as I understand it is seperators don't work on ethanol gas anyways. On acounta the ethanol bonds to the oxygen on the molecular level so it aint like water in ya tank, the water is actually attached to the ethanol. ya can have water in ya ethanol gas with no water loose in ya tank and it will gum ya up separator or not. So to me the best answer is use a separator and stay away from ethinol gas. A shot of staybil or sea foam don't hurt either. Working away from home for anywhere from 2 weeks to 3 months at a time, ethanol worries every motor I got. use the separator for ya non ethanol gas cause it takes out suspended water from condensation and such. But ya still gotta avoid ethanol cause the filter don't help that problem.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:57 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007 - 2008, PixelFX Studios
SaltyCajun.com logo provided by Bryce Risher

All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted
Geo Visitors Map