SaltyCajun.com http://www.budnmarys.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-08-2014, 10:34 AM
SGib's Avatar
SGib SGib is offline
Red Snapper
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Orange Tx
Posts: 1,442
Cash: 1,432
Default

What are the better spinner reels? An h20 bait caster cast almost as good as a curado or lews. Do the high dollar spinner cast that much better?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-08-2014, 04:32 PM
Goooh's Avatar
Goooh Goooh is offline
Swordfish
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Broussard
Posts: 5,660
Cash: 7,366
Default Trout spinning reel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGib View Post
What are the better spinner reels? An h20 bait caster cast almost as good as a curado or lews. Do the high dollar spinner cast that much better?

I personally look at casting as a lower consideration when purchasing. They are all going to throw pretty well, the cost difference is justified in length of life, drag performance, and overall sturdiness when a fish is is on. I have had cheap reels that sling well, but aggravated the crap out of me once a fish was on.

If I purchase something that I use often, I want it to remain that way for years to come without having to swap it at academy every season...

Last edited by Goooh; 06-08-2014 at 04:50 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-08-2014, 04:47 PM
bayouchub bayouchub is offline
Tripletail
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: la
Posts: 965
Cash: 2,678
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
I personally look at casting as a lower consideration when purchasing. They are all going to throw pretty well, the cost difference is justified in length of life, drag performance, and overall sturdiness when a fish is is on. I have had cheap reels that sling well, but aggregated the crap out of me once a fish was on.

If I purchase something that I use often, I want it to remain that way for years to come without having to swap it at academy every season...
Well said.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-08-2014, 07:14 PM
marshmellow's Avatar
marshmellow marshmellow is offline
Flounder
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Broussard
Posts: 77
Cash: 506
Default

Shamino Sahara 2500 HD Clam
put the rest $ in the bank
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:19 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007 - 2008, PixelFX Studios
SaltyCajun.com logo provided by Bryce Risher

All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted
Geo Visitors Map