SaltyCajun.com http://www.angler-products.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #10  
Old 06-29-2014, 11:53 AM
noodle creek's Avatar
noodle creek noodle creek is offline
Red Snapper
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: lake charles
Posts: 1,590
Cash: 2,987
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
I posted the thread that this "guy" was discussed in, and no, it was not posted. I asked him for the name, and he ignored me.

And I'm pretty sure the argument made by W for months has been the weirs should be left open all the time. So yes, the argument has been made that operating (or not operating) the weirs properly IS a good thing.

The primary purpose of the weirs is not, and never has been fisheries management.
There have been multiple threads about it, it may not be in that one. I know I'm not dreaming.

It is kind of beside the point anyway. Do you really think that W doesn't know who is in control of weirs? Is it impossible to you that maybe, just maybe, the person controlling the weirs IS a big duck hunter back there?

I'm over this argument, I never argued about your data and this and that. All I ever said is that they aren't being operated correctly as far as everyone can see. Also, protecting the land behind the weirs by keeping them shut is cutting off a huge part of our estuary's bait/food source. I understand the point of the weirs is to control land loss and not fisheries management, but it is hurting the lake. I guess it's one or the other, but not both.

Like I said, rock the ship channel and the weirs won't be such a big issue.
Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:46 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007 - 2008, PixelFX Studios
SaltyCajun.com logo provided by Bryce Risher

All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted
Geo Visitors Map