SaltyCajun.com http://www.acadianamarina.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #10  
Old 07-21-2015, 08:41 PM
duckman1911's Avatar
duckman1911 duckman1911 is offline
Sailfish
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Otis
Posts: 4,194
Cash: 5,293
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako19 View Post
I was just joking too, Duckman. It was just ironic to me that the first person to express their faith on this thread in 2 pretty lengthy posts was talking about "snitches get stitches" yesterday and "revenge is best served cold."

I am no Bible expert but I always thought that one of Jesus' main lessons he taught while on earth was forgiveness.

Even while being tortured and hanging on the cross one of the last sentences that he said was "Forgive them father, for they know not what they do" about the men who murderered him.

Maybe I missed Sunday school the day Jesus was hanging from the cross and hollered, "SNITCHES GET STITCHES **+**ES! JUST WAIT UNTIL YOU GET SERVED YOUR COLD DISH OF REVENGE!"

Please explain how I am confused about this one Duckman...
Not trying to start a fight with you by no means and if it came off as so I apologize.
I explained that I am not what most would call a typical Christian. I don't even go to church. I do believe there is a balance to be kept though. I know exactly what you are refering to and do I think that person would have made the same choice as an adult? No not at all. Some wrongs need to be righted though. Who's to say those spikes didn't teach him a lesson that later on saved his life? Not saying I'm right just saying some things happen for a reason no matter if we like it or not. Like I said earlier. Even God had angels for not so pleasant things.
Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:44 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007 - 2008, PixelFX Studios
SaltyCajun.com logo provided by Bryce Risher

All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted
Geo Visitors Map