SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CajunTackle

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 01-11-2010, 06:51 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 887

..........and don't take the safety off until you are coming up to shoot....nothing more irritating than someone clicking the safety off when it isn't time to shoot...also remember that this is duck hunting with mud and water wet dogs, etc....so some blinds will be wet and slippery so watch your gun while at rest so that it doesn't fall ...remember to be safe just like any other hunting sport....and like Fool said it's very addicting...have fun
Old 01-11-2010, 07:16 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,391

Movement, movement, movement. Ducks will see you move before they see you. Camo isn't really an issue as long as you stay still. Just my 2 cents. And shoot your arse off. I'll probably get bashed for this post, but my Paw Paw sure didn;t have no Mossy Oak Duck Blind when he was a kid and he smoked the birds.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:46 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
Movement, movement, movement. Ducks will see you move before they see you. Camo isn't really an issue as long as you stay still. Just my 2 cents. And shoot your arse off. I'll probably get bashed for this post, but my Paw Paw sure didn;t have no Mossy Oak Duck Blind when he was a kid and he smoked the birds.

I agree with the movement but most people can't stay still they think they have to watch everything the ducks are doing. flopping around in the blind trying to find them. so i say more camo the better
Old 01-11-2010, 10:32 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamsfence View Post
I agree with the movement but most people can't stay still they think they have to watch everything the ducks are doing. flopping around in the blind trying to find them. so i say more camo the better
When someone says big group coming in dont start looking up everywhere just ask where so you can be ready to shoot... use improved cyl choke... shoot #3 or #4 3" shells 3.5" are not worth the extra money....keep your face covered
Old 01-11-2010, 11:19 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,391

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamsfence View Post
Even with all the camo, they still see the movement. Same with deer. I've stood smack in the middle of the road before and had deer come out, look at me and walk off as if I wasn't there. I stood perfectly still, in broad daylight. Did it another time and I tried to squat, and off she went.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:38 PM
Ling

Cash: 4,851

regardless of what people say you don't have to have the high dollar automatic guns, nor the extremely pricey shells. Get yourself some good WATERPROOF pants, jacket, boots. That is where I would spend my money.
Old 01-12-2010, 03:58 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,534

spend money on clothes (it will pay off)... clean ur gun even if u dont think u got water in it... I clean mine before and after i go hunting.... save up $$$$$$ cause this sport is addicting....