SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CajunTackle

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 02-22-2010, 04:12 AM
Great White

Cash: 1,217
Default Citations handed out to motorists in left lane

This month Louisiana State Police started to crack down on drivers riding in the left lane of travel.
The law requiring drivers to move into the right lane on a multi-lane roadway when not passing or preparing to make a left turn took effect at the beginning of this year.
Troopers spent two months after the bill became a law raising awareness. Over the past two weeks more than fifty citations were handed out to motorists for driving in the left lane. Troopers were advised to use discretion when enforcing this law.
Old 02-22-2010, 07:17 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,192

Its about time!!! Yay!!!!
Old 02-22-2010, 09:26 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 958

One of the guys at work got a ticket for this in January
Old 02-22-2010, 10:34 AM
Swordfish

They are always at the Coteau (Hwy. 88) exit just about every morning. There's usually 2 of them and just about every time I pass one of them has a car pulled over and is writing a ticket while the other one sits at the overpass and clocks.
Old 02-22-2010, 11:01 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

That is great.

Now, if they would start "PUTTING PEOPLE IN JAIL" for following toooooooo close.....that would make me very happy.

I just don't understand why people will ride @ 70+ mph and they are so close to the person in front of them that you can not even see the front end of there vehicle in your mirrow.

BACK....BACK.....give me 2+ seconds distance. That would be 7 vehicle lengths when doing 70 mph. Try counting and see if YOU are toooooooo close.
Old 02-22-2010, 11:15 AM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
That is great.

Now, if they would start "PUTTING PEOPLE IN JAIL" for following toooooooo close.....that would make me very happy.

I just don't understand why people will ride @ 70+ mph and they are so close to the person in front of them that you can not even see the front end of there vehicle in your mirrow.

BACK....BACK.....give me 2+ seconds distance. That would be 7 vehicle lengths when doing 70 mph. Try counting and see if YOU are toooooooo close.
I do that every now and then, it's amazing how far back you should be from the vehicle in front of you. I can't stand when people are on my azz, especially when I'm going over the limit!! Nothing drives me crazy like the people that cut in and out of traffic and think that just because there's an empty spot in front of me that I was holding it for you!
Old 02-22-2010, 11:22 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

How bout the ones that can't seem to be able to operate a cruise control? Now I actually count the number of times I have to pass the same car on I 10 heading to Lafayette, 11 times with one car.
Old 02-22-2010, 11:29 AM
Sailfish

On a trip down I-10 I had a car that wanted to drive beside me or right on my tail.

I tried speeding up 10+ mph........slowing down......speeding up again....

Nothing worked. This went on until he finally turned off after 30+ minutes.

Then there is the vehicle that pass you up and then 2 minutes later it slowes down in front of you.

Another.........Why do most 18 wheelers slow down to 65 mph after they move into the left lane to pass someone?
Old 02-22-2010, 12:39 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 913

Most 18 wheelers are governed around there so they can't go any faster. This is why they tie up traffic while trying to go around each other. Now the common sense thing for them to do would be to use the cb and have the truck they are going around slow down 1mph and traffic would flow much smother. I drive a truck and I would like to have a dollar for every time when someone cuts me off. I personally can't stand when they can't give me the time to get back in the right lane after passing someone or when I move over to the left lane to let oncoming traffic merge onto the interstate. I try and leave room in case I was to shred a tire so as to not injure someones family as I wouldn't want that happening to my family.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Little View Post
How bout the ones that can't seem to be able to operate a cruise control? Now I actually count the number of times I have to pass the same car on I 10 heading to Lafayette, 11 times with one car.

I had one get road rage with me on I 10 doing that last month. i forgot exactly what happened. I think he passed me a couple times, slowed down. I passed him then moved back over. he got mad and floored it to get back around me, throwing up his hands. i had my cruise set above the speed limit.

**** that
Old 02-22-2010, 12:46 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,383

For the cruise control issue...Make a manageable size sign to keep in your vehicle that says, ' use your cruise control '. Hold up the sign on one of your re-passes.
Old 02-22-2010, 01:00 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndamendment View Post
For the cruise control issue...Make a manageable size sign to keep in your vehicle that says, ' use your cruise control '. Hold up the sign on one of your re-passes.
Great idea but, most probably can't read.
Old 02-22-2010, 01:04 PM
Banned

a couple years back this ****** pulled up behind me in the left turn lane, the very second the light turned green he laid on his horn ( i was paying attention i just normally make sure nobody is running it for a split second)

i took off and turned into the left hand lane, he flew around me in the right lane but there was a slow moving car in the right lane....

i gave it just enough gas to pinch off the gap so he HAD to get behind me again. at the next light the dude came out of his truck yelling, he saw me reach into my center console and he got back in.....
Old 02-22-2010, 01:06 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,271

Quote:
Originally Posted by whunter29 View Post
Most 18 wheelers are governed around there so they can't go any faster. This is why they tie up traffic while trying to go around each other. Now the common sense thing for them to do would be to use the cb and have the truck they are going around slow down 1mph and traffic would flow much smother. I drive a truck and I would like to have a dollar for every time when someone cuts me off. I personally can't stand when they can't give me the time to get back in the right lane after passing someone or when I move over to the left lane to let oncoming traffic merge onto the interstate. I try and leave room in case I was to shred a tire so as to not injure someones family as I wouldn't want that happening to my family.

dude i watch the idiots do that ALL the time!! I know it makes the driver of the semi's mad. I usually try to let the big trucks switch in or out, because i know it isn't as easy as driving a smaller vehicle.
Old 02-22-2010, 01:12 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,383

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Little View Post
Great idea but, most probably can't read.

LOL....Your right. Would have to keep a sign on hand with ebonics and spanish.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:09 PM
Flounder

Cash: 600

if i had the money i would put up big billboards along the highway stating " lead follow or get the **** out the way. nothing makes me hotter than people riding the left lane. and im one of the people that ride your *** if you are going 66 and the person in the right lane is going 65. ridiculous.. pass and get out the way. im on the road 8-10 hours a day due to my job and they have some real idiots on the road. in my opinion when you get your drivers license renewed you should have to retake drivers ed. i truly think some people just forgot the left lane is to pass.
Old 02-22-2010, 07:07 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercajun View Post
if i had the money i would put up big billboards along the highway stating " lead follow or get the **** out the way. nothing makes me hotter than people riding the left lane. and im one of the people that ride your *** if you are going 66 and the person in the right lane is going 65. ridiculous.. pass and get out the way. im on the road 8-10 hours a day due to my job and they have some real idiots on the road. in my opinion when you get your drivers license renewed you should have to retake drivers ed. i truly think some people just forgot the left lane is to pass.

Often when this happens......there is a line of vehicles in the left lane.....all going kind of slow.

I hope you are not on my **** in this situation. I will try to leave a "safe" distance in front of me, but don't try to get around me!!!!!!!
Old 02-22-2010, 07:21 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

should have to retake drivers ed. i truly think some people just forgot the left lane is to pass.

I start drivers ed in Like 6 months..WHOOP.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:44 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 680

Well guys, I guess you wouldn't like seeing me around a four lane, I often drive on the left side. I worked ambulance for several years when I was younger and my time behind the wheel and in the back with patients with broken bones have taught me the left side is normally smoother than the right. I do watch behind me and if a car is catching up to me ( which doesn't happen often) I will go to the right lane while the car passes. I know it is the PASSING LANE, but it's still smoother normally. Guess I'll just have to start buying shocks more often and maybe stick a pillow under my arss. It's cheaper than tickets.
Old 02-22-2010, 11:22 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556
Default cruise controll

Just make sure to turn the cruise OFF if the roads are wet. If you loose traction and the cruise controll is on , it will rev up the engine because it senses that you have slowed down.
I have seen 2 folks die because of this. car hydroplaned w/ cruise on and they could not regain controll because the engine was reving up trying to regain the set speed.