SaltyCajun.com http://www.egretbaits.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 02-26-2010, 08:19 PM
Redfish

Cash: 656

yeaa good lookin rod but ima stay away from it..going to a guy in the morning that makes custom rods on g loomis blanks pick out your own eyes and reel seet and colors they start at 100.00 and go up to how ever much your pocket holds!
Old 02-26-2010, 11:56 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

I grew up bass fishing with my dad and all we used was all star rods. They use to be alot better back then,there made in china now like most rods. Never used the ASR but it seems to be a decent rod. I mostly use my billystix now,can't put it down I need several more.
Old 02-27-2010, 12:13 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,348

I just bought the Falcon Bu Coo rod and love it so far, super light. I would like to have a box full of these but I do like the All Star Rod that I have been using
Old 02-27-2010, 09:42 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,763

Falcon like Shimano has the lifetime warranty..replace in store..Castaway and AR= pay for shipping to send rod back then they assess the rod and let you know if they'll replace it.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:50 AM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Kahunaz View Post
Falcon like Shimano has the lifetime warranty..replace in store..Castaway and AR= pay for shipping to send rod back then they assess the rod and let you know if they'll replace it.
I'm not sure about Falcon's in-store warranty. Jake told me a while back that they've taken a lickin' through the years from fraudelent claims so you might have to send it directly to them for replacement. I ain't totally sure about that, tho.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:09 AM
King Mackeral

I was able to a few months ago...but might have changed.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:13 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty View Post
I'm not sure about Falcon's in-store warranty. Jake told me a while back that they've taken a lickin' through the years from fraudelent claims so you might have to send it directly to them for replacement. I ain't totally sure about that, tho.

you have to send it back to falcon . if it a legit claim ie. breaking the tip on a fish not in a car door (cuz they can tell) they will take care of you . example i have 2 guides gettin some rust on em they asked me do you wash your rods down after saltwater fishing , i told the the truth , i mist em down but i dont scrub em and im very quick about it, so cody is sending me new guides to put on the whole rod in stead of shippeng the entire rod back and forth.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:24 AM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinpox View Post
you have to send it back to falcon . if it a legit claim ie. breaking the tip on a fish not in a car door (cuz they can tell) they will take care of you . example i have 2 guides gettin some rust on em they asked me do you wash your rods down after saltwater fishing , i told the the truth , i mist em down but i dont scrub em and im very quick about it, so cody is sending me new guides to put on the whole rod in stead of shippeng the entire rod back and forth.

Them's good ole boys at Falcon. They're just tryin' to earn a livin', but, at the same time, build a quality product. I've used Falcon for years and only broke one (my fault). They've been screwed by people breakin' a rod over their knee and takin' it to the "big box" stores for replacement. Like Pox said, if it's legit, they will take care of you...no matter how old the rod is. Jake told me the #1 reason they hear is, "I set the hook and it just snapped"! A fish, any fish, is not going to break a Falcon......unless.....the rod had been stepped on or pinched prior to that.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:29 AM
King Mackeral

I see...musta got lucky then...I had hairline stress from wearing my rod out..and it gave way... crap happens...It went through more hours of fishing than any of my other rods. But i definitely love the Falcons..