SaltyCajun.com http://www.angler-products.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 03-11-2010, 01:59 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,366
Default cant believe im saying this

went to look at the used blackjack today, this was ragged out p.o.s. so i started to look at brand new ones and the frontier 21ft. i already have a deposit from a guy in mississippi on my old boat he was gonna come pay me the rest today. driving home started to feel guilty about buying a 50k+ boat so i called the man told him im refunding the deposit and my boat is no longer for sale. so i called my wife to explain that the used one i wanted wasnt up to my standards and i would on settle for a brand new on which i felt would be selfish of me considering we are gonna make some babies in about a little over a year ect ect. (hoping to win brownie points) so i told her im fine with my old boat. her words were "dumbazz why would u do that i just want u to be happy if its a new blackjack that makes you happy then go buy it" wow i really put my foot in my mouth on that one spoke alittle to soon. oh well if i decided to sell it and buy another a month from now or 1.5 years from now im just gonnna have to deal with it . gotta admit it would be pretty damn sweet rollin in a new blackjack
Old 03-11-2010, 02:00 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,534

call him back and tell him that the deal is on and man up and go buy a blackjack !!!!!
Old 03-11-2010, 02:03 PM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
call him back and tell him that the deal is on and man up and go buy a blackjack !!!!!
man its hard for me to not do it but in all seriousness ive put boats and fishing WAY ahead of my marriage for a long time . i dint wanna do that anymore my boat is only a year and a half old and paid off . i want to put family first like is should have been from day one
Old 03-11-2010, 02:14 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,576

Quote:
man its hard for me to not do it but in all seriousness ive put boats and fishing WAY ahead of my marriage for a long time . i dint wanna do that anymore my boat is only a year and a half old and paid off . i want to put family first like is should have been from day one
Well said pox and not an easy thing to do at all...trust me I battle with that everyday!
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 03-11-2010, 02:18 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 863

well good decision by you if kids are in the future. My frontier doesn't get used nearly as much as I'd like. I have a 4 yr old and 1 yr old that garner most of my free time. (and I'm not complaining about it either!) Kids change your world for the better!
Old 03-11-2010, 02:42 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,192

Pox......there is no reason you can't do both......justify it this way....go buy a used boat that costs half what a new blackjack costs, there's plenty out there to choose from(drost has one for sale) that way your being true to your family AND you got a nice sled to bring em in........
Old 03-11-2010, 02:46 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 789

Congratulations, if more people would make those kind of decisions... You're doing the right thing, don't know if I could've done the same.
Old 03-11-2010, 03:18 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 654

Dude If you having kids in the near future you arent gonna have the time to or want to fish enough to justifiy a new boat. The are alot of work. If you feel guilty now just wait until the wife can't do nothing because she has to stay home with the little ones. Good decission on waiting. I know you probably don't want to hear it now, but you will be happy with this desicion in the long run.
Old 03-11-2010, 03:33 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,052

this sounds like a dr phil thread.....lol
Old 03-11-2010, 03:41 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Yeah, Cabwiz is right. They consume a lot of time. You'll find that between work and home, there is no time for anything else. I'm living it now and loving it!

But, before you throw in your freedom towel, let's go fishin! I need the break! I got the gas.
Old 03-11-2010, 03:47 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,192

One more thing.......you planing on a baby in a year and a half? Start now, take average 5 months to get the deed done sometimes......oh and have fun!!!
Old 03-11-2010, 03:48 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 958

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern151 View Post
Yeah, Cabwiz is right. They consume a lot of time. You'll find that between work and home, there is no time for anything else. I'm living it now and loving it!

But, before you throw in your freedom towel, let's go fishin! I need the break! I got the gas.
You should take some Beano...

Take Beano before and there will be no gas!!!!!
Old 03-11-2010, 03:48 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,348

DONT LET WIVES READ THIS THREAD...

But youre right Pox 50k can buy alot of diapers and you wont get much free time for the first year or so.
Old 03-11-2010, 03:54 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Year or so? Two and a half years into and If it doesn't involve work or home, it doesn't much exist! No complaints though! I love almost every second of being home!
Old 03-11-2010, 04:24 PM
Blue Marlin

well i will re-evauleate in thirty days!! *****!! i thought about going used but it has to be the "perfect one" if not no deal . like i said b4 i have a boat paid off that is a 2008 model. screw it maybe ill start wadin the east side around venice . i guess im just bored with my current boat .
Old 03-11-2010, 06:47 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

He lied he just wants a Haynie!!
Old 03-11-2010, 06:59 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,584

pox, I will speak the truth.............
lost my first wife largely due to fishing. ( fished cause I didn't like her not more) anyways.........48 weekends of fishing in one year tend to strain a relationship ESPECIALLY when you have little ones like I did.

So, smokin hot number two wife gave me the "I want you to be happy speach" but I choose a middle of the road little fish and ski Sea Pro. It did what I wanted.
But I was used to Bullets and Allisons, creme of the crop stuff.

What I did was pay for the boat first. I saved for eight years.....waited patiently....a few good bonuses (thanks to Katrina) and was rewarded with the boat of my dreams.
The one I will likely hand over to T-bic the wonder boy......all welded 24'6" ten foot wide Gaudet's.......

Point is stay focused on the bride and the soon to be little ones......

When you get just a little older, I am 46, kids will be old enough to go with you AND enjoy it.......meanwhile, money is in the bank drawing interest, and for God forbid an emergency........

And it's paid for......done.....ova wit.........

You are a good man for even having the stones to talk about it!!