SaltyCajun.com http://www.braggingbadges.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > SaltyCajun.com Events > 2010 SaltyCajun.com Trout Shootout

2010 SaltyCajun.com Trout Shootout A forum to discuss anything related to the SaltyCajun.com Trout Shootout Charity Fishing Tournament on March 13, 2010

Old 03-15-2010, 01:55 AM
Great White

Cash: 22,543
Default The biggest electric powered "kayak" in the tourney

Well yall saw a couple pics of us getting pulled in and here is the whole story..... Put the boat in the water with plenty of time to spare before the start. I had some trouble starting it but figured it was just a 2 stroke being a 2 stroke. Finally got it off yhe trailer and into a slip at calcasieu point. Left the boat running and walked to the desk to make sure we were payed up and ready to go. Came back and motor was off but figured one of my team mates had shut it off. Got in the boat to start it and key was still on....UH OH!!(really said unabreviated version of ***). After fighting with it for 45min I figured out it was a clogged fuel line and we were not gonna run the motor. we decide to not give up and that what we came to do was have a good time and the lack of an outboard was not gonna stop us. So we decided to troll up to some other spots(thanks Speckdaddy). So we take off at blazing speed with 80lbs of thrust. Well we didnt catch the winning trash fish like we hoped but we did catch at least one of each of the inshore species except hardhead. We ended the day with one "W" trout, two reds, two flounder we also kept a couple of white trout and a big croaker incase nobody weighed in a trash fish. How great would it be to win money with a half lb white trout. I want to thank MedHeavy for being a good sport and making me laugh my arse off. Also "W" for the tow back and Speckdaddy for the spot. Had a great time guys cant wait to do it again but with a motor working next time.
Old 03-15-2010, 05:57 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,188

enjoyed the hell out of it. after it was all said and done I wouldn't of had it any other way except with a motor that works and the biggest trash fish and the biggest stringer but other than that I wouldn't have had it any other way. lets get together and fish sometime. we can fish bayou laloutre' and the MRGO rocks with my trolling motor.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:42 AM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediumheavyaction6'6 View Post
enjoyed the hell out of it. after it was all said and done I wouldn't of had it any other way except with a motor that works and the biggest trash fish and the biggest stringer but other than that I wouldn't have had it any other way. lets get together and fish sometime. we can fish bayou laloutre' and the MRGO rocks with my trolling motor.
With a good north wind we can probably make it to Breton Island.....