SaltyCajun.com http://www.acadianamarina.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 03-31-2010, 10:19 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 666

One complaint I have heard, and have personally witnessed, are boaters who don't have knowledge of Big Lake simply driving around looking for othere boats congregated catching fish. This is fine as long as you are courteous and respectful of those anchored or drifting reefs. Too many boats from Texas used to not have trolling motors. They are getting much better, though, as I see most boats from Texas now have trolling motors. These are a must for successfully fishing Big Lake. However, over-using them can be equally as devastating to schools of fish. So, use them on the lowest power setting possible. AND, when you are fishing in a group of boats and decide to leave kindly use your trolling motor to get out of the pack at least 100 yds. before cranking your motor.

Why you hatein' on Texans ?? I've seen plenty of LA. boats without trolling motors.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:24 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by evis102 View Post
If you do cuss someone and they ask you to head to the bank to handle things do not be a punk, head to the bank and learn some manners the hard way.

Just jump in there boat.........
Old 03-31-2010, 10:28 AM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Just jump in there boat.........

Or, in the water.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:31 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by specsultan View Post
One complaint I have heard, and have personally witnessed, are boaters who don't have knowledge of Big Lake simply driving around looking for othere boats congregated catching fish. This is fine as long as you are courteous and respectful of those anchored or drifting reefs. Too many boats from Texas used to not have trolling motors. They are getting much better, though, as I see most boats from Texas now have trolling motors. These are a must for successfully fishing Big Lake. However, over-using them can be equally as devastating to schools of fish. So, use them on the lowest power setting possible. AND, when you are fishing in a group of boats and decide to leave kindly use your trolling motor to get out of the pack at least 100 yds. before cranking your motor.

Why you hatein' on Texans ?? I've seen plenty of LA. boats without trolling motors.

Here is a problem I have had with Texas boat.......98% Were Texas Boats that wanted to wade.

Here I am trolling and Drifting a bank area....No I dont care if some guys come wade.......But I get a BOAT or TWO Boat loads of Texan cut me off and jump out to spread 10 guys out...........Now I just troll right thought them and or Crank Up and wrap donuts........If your going to wade 10 guys you need to find a area where no boats are fishing.......this is stupid......Ill RUN EM OVER
Old 03-31-2010, 10:41 AM
Banned

the one way waders piss me off is when they are on a big flat, see that i'm looking to drift around one way or the other. they start walking over to cut me off from making that drift.

i will and have anchored and jump out right next to them. better to do that than to just pass them up and cut in downwind of them.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:13 AM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Here is a problem I have had with Texas boat.......98% Were Texas Boats that wanted to wade.

Here I am trolling and Drifting a bank area....No I dont care if some guys come wade.......But I get a BOAT or TWO Boat loads of Texan cut me off and jump out to spread 10 guys out...........Now I just troll right thought them and or Crank Up and wrap donuts........If your going to wade 10 guys you need to find a area where no boats are fishing.......this is stupid......Ill RUN EM OVER
Last year in the West Cove, a friend and I had some waders come in and anchor right where we were drifting. Then spread out and wade in the same direction we were drifting.
They are on Salty Cajun. I didn't crank up and mess them up. But next time, I think I will. Just as a payback.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:28 AM
Banned

was it me?
Old 03-31-2010, 11:41 AM
Great White

Nope. But I have seen you sneak up to the bank quietly then wade and fish by me in some thick fog.
You and another guy. Ya'll was quiet and I was at anchor. Not drifting.
Didn't bother me, I still caught fish.
Right after ya'll left, a 24 ft. Pathfinder with a camo wrap came in and dropped off 4 waders who surrounded me. One of them was an neighbor. He told me who the boat belonged to.

I lost the biggest Speck I ever hooked that day.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:44 AM
Ling

Cash: 1,391

Damn good read. I'm a freshwater guy myself, but my wife is hell bent on a bay boat to saltwater fish. We argue due to the fact of the horror stories I read about fishing Big Lake. I'm not knocking anyone's feelings or pointing fingers, but there is alot of bickering about fishing big lake. It really is a total turn off for us guys willing to try the saltwater fishing thing. It just seems there is always a constant battle between fisherman out there, and I would hate to be on the water with my family minding my own business and have some A-hole start giving me problems about where I am fishing. Especially if I was there first. You can be disrespectul to me all you want, but you disrespect my family, then we have problems. I have fished Big lake once with Little Rob and we had a good time and no trouble and by us catching a few dinks that day made me want to do it more. I'm just apprehensive due to the fact of the fighting about a body of water instead of enjoying the gift that God has given us called Big Lake. Like I said, this is just the opinion of someone who would like to be a regular on the lake someday. RD
Old 03-31-2010, 11:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
Nope. But I have seen you sneak up to the bank quietly then wade and fish by me in some thick fog.
Right after ya'll left, a 24 ft. Pathfinder with a camo wrap came in and dropped off 4 waders who surrounded me. One of them was an neighbor. He told me who the boat belonged to.

LMAO!!!!!!! i heard you cussing!!!!

steve's pathy is a 22
Old 03-31-2010, 12:08 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaAngler View Post
LMAO!!!!!!! i heard you CRYING!!!!
More like this...
Old 03-31-2010, 12:09 PM
Banned

you got it right up to the side of the boat near the front deck, i was lmao!
Old 03-31-2010, 12:39 PM
Great White

Back deck. I set the hook on the front deck, but she went South so I followed her
in case she got in the motor. Lost her just a few feet before netting her.

I actually contemplated cutting some line off after catching a few nice ones the day
before and some more that morning, but didn't want to waste the time.
I will NEVER do dat again. If I think it, I am gonna do it...
Old 03-31-2010, 04:11 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,466

Quote:

Pathfinder with camo wrap is Steve Nelson. Him and his fishing buddies that I will not name are some of the worst when it comes to cutting people off. But know that if they are there the fish are around.
Old 03-31-2010, 04:15 PM
Great White

One of my neighbors was fishing with him.
They were real quiet about coming in. But they walked right across the reef I was fishing. Like I wasn't there.
But the fish had stopped a while before they got there. I was just there trying to recover from losing the big one an hour before.

But he was not the one who came in ahead of us in West Cove and shut us down.
Old 03-31-2010, 04:15 PM
Banned

hell it's kill or be killed out there

tell us who it was ray, let's roast em
Old 03-31-2010, 04:17 PM
Great White

Next time, I will crank up the main motor and make a circle before leaving out. After they make a 50 yard walk...
Old 03-31-2010, 04:26 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,572

Quote:
Next time, I will crank up the main motor and make a circle before leaving out. After they make a 50 yard walk...

Oh...you mean pull a "W" eh?
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 03-31-2010, 04:27 PM
Great White

I can learn to be an azz...
Old 03-31-2010, 08:40 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,763

Stake out the ones who have pissed you off for the past few years....wait for the Star Shootout .....get you a speed boat....wait till about 45 min after sunlight....and throttle that baby to 80+ and make a few laps around the lake cutting line...then load the boat up and return it to the person you borrowed (leased) it from in Texas!