SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlesurgentcare.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 09-19-2011, 06:25 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 5,054

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backwards Kid's Mom View Post
I practically grew up on Belle River...my parents have had a camp there since my early teens. Those dudes down there are out the box!!! No rules...anything goes, especially when they are on the water. It was Oudreys before Spunky Monkey..that place was wild! Fishing used to be outstanding...Belle River and Atchafalaya side but still recovering from the hurricanes. Getting better but don't think it'll ever be like the old days! My dad used to crab and crawfish just for fun and we always had so many that he gave them away. 19" blue crabs were standard catch....
Oudreys Odyssey !!!

Man, thats a blast from the past ...
Old 09-19-2011, 06:53 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 832

I remember a band from BR coming to Oudreys that played high energy music....the first few minutes, those swamp boys just stood there looking confused. Next thing I heard was...let's beat the crap outta 'em...they look funny! Lol
Old 09-20-2011, 12:04 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 5,054

I lived in Stephensville up to a couple of years ago (6) when I went from 14x14 to a 5x2 schedule which required us to move to Lake Charles....

Its a real fun area for your 14 days off between the Monkey, Chili's, Skeeter Bar, Attakapas' Landing and the other bar behind Doirons... We did a couple of poker runs that were a HOOT

Good stuff !
Old 09-20-2011, 04:06 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backwards Kid's Mom View Post
I practically grew up on Belle River...my parents have had a camp there since my early teens. Those dudes down there are out the box!!! No rules...anything goes, especially when they are on the water. It was Oudreys before Spunky Monkey..that place was wild! Fishing used to be outstanding...Belle River and Atchafalaya side but still recovering from the hurricanes. Getting better but don't think it'll ever be like the old days! My dad used to crab and crawfish just for fun and we always had so many that he gave them away. 19" blue crabs were standard catch....

Had some great times at Oudrey's back in the day. Some I can remember and some I can't. LOL.

I can remember when my Paw Paw used to trap in that area and we'd have crawfish and catfish in the spring. He'd bring us to catch bass, bream and sacalait in the summer, and him and his brother would catch those gigantic blue crabs outta Belle River in the late summer-early fall. After that it was Alligator season and he'd do that. Labor Day weekend was a crab boil at his house or Grand Isle if we were at the camp.